HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 04:19:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum Outage - November 14 & 15  (Read 7866 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2017, 02:28:36 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My deepest apologies for the outage we had the past two days.  I spoke with Godaddy today and got through to a great engineer who helped get us back up.  A couple of things happened, including a database server move, which we think caused the issue.  His first thought was that we got hacked but we don't know for sure.  I have installed some new Security services which they "claim" will also help get rid of the bot's that keep trying to put fake ad's up.  Hopefully this is true and we can open up membership again for new people.

Let me know if you notice anything "werid" as I had to reset the SMF Theme to get our look back.

Thanks for your patience!

Jeff

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:58 AM »

Thanks Jeff,
I know you worked to get us back up as fast as you could.

The only thing I am seeing, right off, is the lack of avatars. No biggie, at all really, and I assume you noticed the same.
 Smiley

Thanks again for making the call and spending the time!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:33:42 PM »

I just want to say thanks...i really appreciate you guys keeping the lights on.  Grin
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:24:10 PM »

I just appreciate it coming back. Thanks for your hard work.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

woohoo we're back! Thanks Jeff!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I'm glad we're back too!   Grin

Perry - no Avatar issue from my laptop but I did notice what you mean on my iphone.  I'll keep an eye on it - maybe it'll magically fix itself.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS