HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:09:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 8, 2017  (Read 7430 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 07, 2017, 09:47:12 PM »

Another big Wonderland week.

Marvel Unlimited
All New Guardians of the Galaxy 1
Black Bolt 1
Champions 8
Hawkeye 6
Iron Fist 3
Jean Grey 1
Nova 6
Star Wars: Poe Dameron 14
Secret Empire 1
Spider-Man 23
Star Wars: Rogue One Adaptation 1
Edit:  Spider-Man 2099 #23

ComiXology
Batman Lost 1
Detective Comics 968
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 32
Mister Miracle 4
New Super-Man 17
Justice League Day 1
Alex + Alda TPB Vol 2 - Collects 6-10
Black Magick TPB Vol 1 - Collects 1-5
Beyond Wonderland TPB Vol 1 - Collects 0-7
Escape to Wonderland TPB Vol 1 - Collects 0-6
Tales from Wonderland TPB Vol 1 - Collects all 10 issues
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:15:57 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »

Nuts; I was actually going to try and start this before Jeff! Oh well. Smiley

That said, I added some books on Comixology (bought 7 to Eternity v2, and Black Magick v1), but I've got a backlog to read yet.

I will add:

Comixology
7 to Eternity v2
Kaptara v1
Jupiter's Legacy v2
Starlight
God Country

Unlimited
Gotta check my list out and update it here, but I did finish up my respective volumes of DP and Wolverine, so I'll discuss that briefly.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:06:15 PM »

and Black Magick v1)

That one is on my list for this week.  Be interesting to see what we both think.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

Nuts; I was actually going to try and start this before Jeff! Oh well. Smiley

That said, I added some books on Comixology (bought 7 to Eternity v2, and Black Magick v1), but I've got a backlog to read yet.

I will add:

Comixology
7 to Eternity v2

Kaptara v1 I remember Perry recommending this more, and I enjoyed the silly little tale for what it is. Considering no other issue has come out in 2 years *(they say they are getting several finished before soliciting), well...not sure I care that much to finish this, to be honest! Glad I had a fun little read.

Jupiter's Legacy v2
OMG Jeff , this was amazing!!! And we have to wait until 2019 sometime for the first issue of Requiem? ARGHH SO GOOD DON'T WANNA WAIT!!!!

Starlight
I really enjoyed this little tale from beyond the stars. The best part of it was the missing love story Duke feels for his missing wife. Not one of Millar's greatest works, but a good, sweet tale, and with plenty of gotcha! moments that brought a smile to my face reading. good stuff.

God Country

Unlimited
Gotta check my list out and update it here, but I did finish up my respective volumes of DP and Wolverine, so I'll discuss that briefly.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »

Jupiter's Legacy v2[/color] OMG Jeff , this was amazing!!! And we have to wait until 2019 sometime for the first issue of Requiem? ARGHH SO GOOD DON'T WANNA WAIT!!!!

Starlight
I really enjoyed this little tale from beyond the stars. The best part of it was the missing love story Duke feels for his missing wife. Not one of Millar's greatest works, but a good, sweet tale, and with plenty of gotcha! moments that brought a smile to my face reading. good stuff.

Starlight was one of my favorites from Millar. It hit all my buttons; action, human emotion, and just a great sci fi story.  I’m glad you Gita chance to check it out and enjoyed it.

Jupiter’s Legacy - I know 2019!!!!  Killing me too.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »

WOW!  This Wonderland is some twisted, effed up horror stuff!  I might need to start a separate thread.

Marvel Unlimited
Black Bolt 1
Champions 8
Hawkeye 6
Iron Fist 3
Jean Grey 1
Nova 6
Secret Empire 1
Spider-Man 23

ComiXology
Batman Lost 1
Detective Comics 968
Mister Miracle 4
New Super-Man 17
Justice League Day 1

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:16:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 03:58:51 PM »

I never seem to have my tablet around to look at what I read on unlimited this week, so I sometimes cheat and look at Jeff's. It's fun to think of what books I'm reading that Jeff is not and what Jeff is reading that I'm not! Such as I know I read X-Men gold 3 it's not on Jeff's list. We both have all new Guardians, Jean Grey, secret Empire 1, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, and I can't remember the rest of the list but there's some other stuff I read that he did not. I'll get back to you later when I actually have time to talk on them

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 04:01:57 PM »

Oh yeah! Bullseye number for and Spider-Man 2099 23! Those are the other two I read.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »

Oops!  Spider-Man 2099 #23 is in my library, looks like I forgot to list it.

X-Men Gold and Bullseye I stopped adding.  Bullseye because the story was just dumb and X-Men Gold because of the reasons we talked about in the X-Men Gold thread.

I’ve been reading Nova just for the fact that the original Nova is back. What they are doing with him is kind of dumb so I’ll likely drop it again once he’s gone.

Hawkeye is one you should try. It’s a fun title and I love Kate Bishops character.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 08:16:34 PM »

Kaptara v1 I remember Perry recommending this more, and I enjoyed the silly little tale for what it is. Considering no other issue has come out in 2 years *(they say they are getting several finished before soliciting), well...not sure I care that much to finish this, to be honest! Glad I had a fun little read.

Oh this is a dead series now, I fear, just don't see it ever coming back now, but am totally shocked you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. He-Man (universe) told in the form of a Lewis Carroll comedy? Oh I figured you to be all over this Cheshire Battlecat on LCD type story.
 Grin
I loved it. Loved the craziness and the take on what was my brothers favorite toys growing up. Wacky and represents a lot of what modern comics lack, a true look into themselves with the knowledge it is okay to be stupid and not take yourself too serious as you are just comics after-all.
 Wink Smiley
But maybe it was a case of perfect timing for me. Just the comic I needed/wanted at the time I read it. It happens.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »

Oh this is a dead series now, I fear, just don't see it ever coming back now, but am totally shocked you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. He-Man (universe) told in the form of a Lewis Carroll comedy? Oh I figured you to be all over this Cheshire Battlecat on LCD type story.
 Grin
I loved it. Loved the craziness and the take on what was my brothers favorite toys growing up. Wacky and represents a lot of what modern comics lack, a true look into themselves with the knowledge it is okay to be stupid and not take yourself too serious as you are just comics after-all.
 Wink Smiley
But maybe it was a case of perfect timing for me. Just the comic I needed/wanted at the time I read it. It happens.
 Smiley

OH, I liked it! I don't think to the degree that you did, but I hope it didn't seem like I was poo-pawing it! Reading some fun, wacky stuff is always very good every once in a while! and for that, I'm glad, and have no regrets. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »

X-Men gold 3 Discussed elsewhere, nothing great in reading here. We'll see how things keep going...but...not terribly interesting.

All new Guardians 1 A big new drop, a new volume sans Bendis' influence by Duggan. However, this is entirely based on the movie. I'm sorry, it just is. I don't care for that at all. I found reading it to be rather pedestrian and boring, and just...not worthwhile. I don't feel it has the history of the characters behind them, I feel it is only the voices of the movie coming through instead. Which, in the movies, I I love. But the movies and the characters are just different. I love them both, but they have been very different. Until now.

Jean Grey 1 So...much..I don't...care about!! I don't think it's bad, this is just not a book for Jimmy T. That's all.

Secret Empire 1

Spider-Man 23 It was fine. Glad to see Miles just go do something worth-while. I liked that moment. Nothing really more to talk about here. Well, not true. His mom coming to grips more with truths she didn't understand was a little heartbreaking, especially with the Ganke reveal. By the way, that dude needs to get his ass kicked for using Miles' identity in such cavalier ways.

Spider-man 2099 23So close to being done! Sorry Miguel!!

Iron Fist 3 enjoying reading it! I like the little twist of it.

Bullseye 4 One more issue. Bullseye drops a a twist to the soul truth bomb on the the FBI agent, and damn if that line just doesn't make the series.

Copperhead vol 2 (the best thing? I didn't know that vol 3 was also available for purchase!) I liked volume 2. 5 issues talking about 2-3 days in Copperhead. I like, but I'm greedy because I just want more! More about Boo's history, about the history of the war that happened there, ALWAYS more about Ishmael! Just...more! Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 05:06:58 AM »

Wow.  I’m starting to get ridiculous.

Marvel Unlimited
Black Bolt 1
Champions 8
Hawkeye 6
Iron Fist 3
Jean Grey 1
Nova 6
Secret Empire 1
Spider-Man 23

ComiXology
Batman Lost 1
Detective Comics 968
Mister Miracle 4
New Super-Man 17
Justice League Day 1

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »

OH, I liked it! I don't think to the degree that you did, but I hope it didn't seem like I was poo-pawing it! Reading some fun, wacky stuff is always very good every once in a while! and for that, I'm glad, and have no regrets. Wink

I wasn't quite sure  Grin It didn't read like you hated it, but I wasn't sure you really dug it. Anyway, glad you didn't feel time or money was wasted. Always hate when that happens.
 Undecided
 Smiley

I take it you are into this series? Or are you just reading what you had? I haven't started (no surprise there  Cheesy)

Was able to knock out just a few more this week. More later, before Wednesday? Maybe  Undecided

Batman #29
Batman #30
Batman #31
Batman #32
- Ugh!
All-Star Batman #13
All-Star Batman #14
End of series ... for now!?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 04:04:28 AM »

Added and finished:

Wonderland:  House of Liddle Tpb Vol 1

To answer Perry’s question- Both!

This is not what you’d think.  It’s some sick and twisted horror stuff.  I’m actually surprised I like it since that’s not something I normally enjoy.  But I really do want to find out how this all wraps up ( if it ever does).  Has little pulp aspect to it as in a side character that might be on just a couple of pages in on book may wind up being the main character in another one and you won’t realize it until the end of the story.  I’ve been sucked into the looking glass.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS