HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:16:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BENDIS TO DC COMICS!!!  (Read 8730 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: November 07, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »

My head just exploded.  Shocked Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »

My head just exploded.  Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Whaaaaaat??

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »

Ouch.  Saw these comments on Newsarama.

"That was a close one, I was worried he was going to reboot the F4."

"Bullet dodged on that one."

"As a Marvel Fan, this is great news!!"

"As a DC fan, this news beyond sucks."

"Good. Let DC suffer for a while."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:57:47 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 06:03:59 PM »

Ok Let's start the speculation.

What books will he get?  My money is on Wonder Woman.  But they could give him a Batman book.

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:53:51 PM »

I think his style suits the Batman Family books... not necessarily Batman... maybe All-Star Batman. But I could see more Robin or Nightwing.

Otherwise, I've never been a huge fan of his work.  I felt that his dialogue style just made everyone sound the same. Also, he never knew how to "finish" his stories... most just either fizzled out or lead into whatever next event was on the way.

Good luck to him, though.  It will be interesting to see if this gets his creative juices flowing.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 01:33:16 AM »

kronos, I agree with everything you said.

I believe they will most likely put him on a Batman-that's his best wheelhouse. They'll go with that.

Or let him start a new book? To go along with the ones starting up?

I still can't comprehend this. Bendis left Marvel??? Where are they going to get their sales numbers from?!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:01 AM »

Man, I was under a rock all day, this was the first I heard of this.
 Cheesy

Good.

It was time.

I look forward to reading what he does at DC although I am going to miss his Jessica Jones writing as that is one book that always hit for me under his hand.

But yep, seems like good news for everyone.
 Smiley
Except I am worried about my Fantastic Four now as I thought he would have been the one to bring it back (not that I was looking for that (although he can write a good Ben Grimm ... shocking, yeah?), but with him leaving I am now worried that is dead also, but hey, maybe not.

Gonna be sad to see all his art friends leave soon after however, but hey, if they get on good books over at DC, all good!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 06:29:22 AM »

I was 50/50 if this was an actual thing or a "what if" scenario that Jimmy made up for speculation.

First I'm hearing about this and figured it was a matter of time. Not many characters/titles left unhandled by him. Also, the move kicks up buzz around him again.

It's still weird though.

Years ago I would check out his interviews. On a podcast the host mentioned that he thought Bendis would be great at writing for Nightwing. Bendis wasn't too hot on the idea and basically said if he's writing a Bat book he wants to write Batman.

Don't know if that desire has changed with time, but a Batman book would be the best guess.

I could also see him doing a Gotham PD type book. Wouldn't be surprised if he also does some form of JL book.

Wonder if Geoff Johns will go back to Marvel now in some major swap? Eh, Johns is probably too deep into DC movie/TV stuff to leave. I don't know.

You guys tell me how Bendis does over at DC. Also, how Johns does if he goes to Marvel. I'll respectively stay on the sidelines for the time being.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS