HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:11:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Happy Death Day  (Read 8018 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 01, 2017, 02:56:49 PM »

Just saw (Red Hood & the Outlaws' writer) Scott Lobdell's movie Happy Death Day. Pretty decent PG13 slasher flick being pretty much gore free ... maybe totally (trying to remember and I can't think of any overly bloody scenes). Sort of a mix between Jason movies and Bill Murray's Groundhog Day. I have to say that I enjoyed it ... for what it was.
Don't get me wrong, not by any means an Oscar contender or anything close to that, nor is it "scary" (at all) but a decent flick for teens to watch on Halloween Night or a sleep over, as long as the word Bitch doesn't send your parental safeguards screaming.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:38:48 AM »

I'm a sucker for the Groundhog Day time loop movies.

I even checked out Before I Fall earlier this year based on the YA novel of the same name. Started slow, but got into as it built up. So apparently I'm a teenage girl or something.

Anyway, I was going to check this out until you mentioned Lobdell wrote it. Now I'm not too sure.

Glad you dug it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS