HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:51:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Flash -Season 4  (Read 9457 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 28, 2017, 02:44:22 AM »

SPOILERS

that I don't want to hide.

So, in the first ep, they simple just solve the ending of Season 3.

The ending essentially didn't happen. It was just done away with. That's about the gist of it. Barry is back, without any (lasting) issues. Okay moving on!

That's all there is to it! Seriously! I mean, there are at least a few things being addressed about it in Ep 2 that I didn't see coming, but for the most part, much like, no ESSENTIALLY like Season 3 starting, where Flashpoint 'created' issues that were all resolved in 2 eps, the last repurcussions are swept aside so fast, it's almost hard to tell if this is Sn 4 or Sn 1-because everything just remains the same, with the illusion that what caused so much strike and fear and sadness will actually change anything or anyone on the show.

It leaves me cranky.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:07:28 PM »

SPOILERS

that I don't want to hide.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Okay.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am still need to remove this show from my scheduled recordings, but a small part of me is hesitating. I have no more interest in this show, but I just see those 4 (or 5) episodes I have already recorded sitting on my list and I just can't delete them yet. I need to. I do. Just move on, Perry!!
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 02:23:44 AM »

I still haven’t finished season 3.  At some point I should finish it if just for the kiddo.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

Again, more of impressions than ep by ep analysis.

-Nice to have a 'Harry' back instead of HR Wells! I love the snarky, dickish scientist instead of the other guy. The other guy served his purpose, had a sad bow out moment, but I'm glad to see this guy.

-Great new story angle for Joe! Wow!!

-Cisco and him as Vibe may be the greatest thing that this show has found besides making the Flash a strong superhero tv character to follow. Love it, Just love him! As, having Danny Treyjo as Gypsy's dad was amazing! LOL

-RALPH DIBNY'S DEBUT AND STORY WAS FANTASTIC!!! I hope he's a great find like Cisco. And having him
wiggle his nose and say "I smell a mystery" was great!
I'm excited to see where Ralph keeps going.

-Hmm...Wally is gone from the series for a bit. I wonder if that's because he's uninteresting? I mean, he really is kind of boring. That, and the open headed suit on him just looks dumb, because the face mask gets built thicker, and well, it just isn't carried very well onscreen. Cover his head, give him a red suit of his own, maybe, or go for total redesign, because he's just boring to watch, I think.

-Loving having the background work of the Thinker!

-I'm enjoying watching, quite a bit, even with dumping the season 3 finale to the wayside like a moldy burger found in the backseat after too long. I guess the apathy of the viewer to simply not care is what keeps this going strong! lol   Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 03:24:32 AM »

It's been a pretty strong season so far, no kidding. I've been really enjoying it, and watching it has been a lot of fun. Good stuff!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 02:32:32 AM »

I really enjoyed this season. Really damned good this time around, and without alot of the Barry Allen is a ****ing moron about his decision making. Quite enjoyed this alot!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 01:40:14 AM »

We’re six episodes in and enjoying it so far.  The season isn’t without it faults but Ralph Dibny is fun to watch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »

... Ralph Dibny is fun to watch.

Awww, I would love to have seen him  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »

... Ralph Dibny is fun to watch.

Awww, I would love to have seen him  Undecided

You still can!  We're binging it on Netflix!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »

You still can!  We're binging it on Netflix!

Well the idea is nice, but I just can't do that show anymore. I can't take the ... melodrama of it and yes, I know, that is odd for a fan of "caped comics" to say, but it is the truth. I can more easily sit through the Justice League or Batman cartoons than I can deal with the over-the-top melodrama that is the CW shows.

I say this being envious of those that enjoy the shows, honestly, it is not a jab in anyway. I think it is great that you guys are enjoying the shows. You get to have a hero fix that I just can't. I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does, but I just want to punch the tv screen every second that goes by watching people express their love for one another sooooo sticky sweetly.

It is a sickness of mine.
 Grin
But hey, I got a couple good years in with the Flash before I ended it all. I will think fondly of those episodes , more so in my bad memory then the actual memory, or dialog history, but still ...  Grin
Just wish Dibny would have been in those early ones that I suffered through
 Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink
Would have love to have seen him

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 12:01:46 AM »

I was hoping for the twins in the finale, not a random one-off.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 03:37:50 AM »

I was hoping for the twins in the finale, not a random one-off.

I feel like she's the smashed character from Bart Allen's time-that other cousin ...XS! (I had to go look it up. Her name is Jenni). A rando 'I'm your daughter' just strays too far from comics...but allows the show to do whatever they want with her instead of holding to comic lore.

Who knows? Maybe she'll get erased from show continuity, but bring on the twins. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 11:08:02 PM »

We're at Episode 17 - and we paused it for two quick obsrevations.

#1 - Ralph Dibny quote of the episode "We can take a comedy routine on the road.  We'll go to Washington and be the D.C Comics!"

#2 -
Loved seeing Jay and Silent Bob as security guards!  Very funny.   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 12:47:47 AM »

Episode 18

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I hope Ralph isn't really dead.  That would suck so much.   Angry

I will say all this team work with Barry and Ralph has made me long for those old 70's team-ups in the comics.  Man I miss those.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 12:51:12 AM »

Finished.

What a great season.  It had a bit of a rough start and I didn’t think I was going to care for it but once Ralph showed up the quality shot up.  Yeah it’s goofy and at times rings of 60’s Batman (especially Katie Sachoff’s villainous character) but I didn’t care.  It was fun.

And I’m so glad that...
Ralph is still alive!  I really missed him in episodes 19 - 22 and started thinking he wasn’t coming back.

I loved Danny Trejo’s cameos.  Great scenes with him and Cisco.
Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes reprising their Jay and Silent Bob roles was funny also.
Even the “Crisis on Earth X” crossover with the other three DC series was pretty top notch.

Could this have been the best season?

Quite possibly yes.  And a big part of that is thanks to Ralph and Cisco.  Both fun to watch this season.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS