HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:06:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: i need help making a decision....  (Read 2548 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: October 08, 2017, 04:00:14 PM »

ok so there's this band I really like called Flying Colors.  If you haven't heard of them, it is a side project group comprised of  members of Deep Purple, The Winery Dogs, Alpha Rev and The Neal Morse Band.

They had a contest on their Facebook page and I won.  The prize is 3 necklaces made up of different guitar picks from the guitar player and one of them will come with an autograph.  The manager of the band emailed me for my address and I jokingly told him that I would forego the prize package in return for meet and greet passes if the band ever played within a 8-10 hour driving distance of me.  I didn't really think it would fly but lo and behold he agreed. 

here's where my decision comes into play.  I was originally planning on trying to sell 2 of the 3 necklaces and raise some money for my tri-annual guys trip which will be Cleveland next year (R&R hall of fame, Football HOF, etc.) OR I can hold out hope that they tour and play near me where I can use the meet and greet passes.  The problem is, they don't tour very much at all due to their priorities with their other bands.  They have 2 albums out and between the 2 albums, they have played 22 shows and only 5 of those were in America, the closest to me being in Philly (which is a 9 hour drive).  So, I may NEVER get to use them.  If I knew I would get to use the meet and greets, it would be a no brainer for me.

what to do, what to do......

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »

I can only think of that old saying...a bird in the hand.....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:51:40 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »

Oh...oh man jc...I don't know how you choose!! LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS