HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:05:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PERRY  (Read 4366 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 02, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »

Drop word when you can.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »

I heard back from Perry and he and the wife are fine.  They were sound asleep in their hotel when it happened.

Good news is they are ok.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:24:58 AM »

i'm just now checking the site....Perry was in Vegas?!

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:42:12 PM »

I heard back from Perry and he and the wife are fine.  They were sound asleep in their hotel when it happened.

Good news is they are ok.

Was it the same hotel? And if so are they still on lock down?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »

I don’t think so.  He didn’t know anything was going on until the next morning.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »

Glad he's okay. Thanks, Jeff.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 02:37:01 AM »

Hey guys, finally home (Well, I am, the wife is still there)

First off yes, we are all good (thanks for the concern Jeff and others) and secondly, I can't imagine what those families are going through right now but my thoughts are with them all.

We had no idea this had happened. We stayed at Bally's which is about 3 blocks down from this shooting and that is Vegas blocks soooo ... about 12 normal blocks. As we are East Coasters our timeline is different than most of Las Vegas. We are tired and in bed by 9 PM while everyone else is still partying (of course we are up at 4 ready to go the next day. Ha.) Well, the first we had heard of this came from the voice in our ceiling saying -
"Attention, the emergency is over. Please go back to your room if you are a guest here and if not, please leave the building"
The wife and I thought we slept through a fire or something. We looked at each other, shrugged and went back to sleep. A half hour later my brother calls me on my cell, I am pissed (I didn't sleep at all the night prior) so I just cursed and swiped my phone to answer it and tried to roll back over. About three minutes later it hit me ... why is my brother calling me? Oh no, did something happen to my parents? Yeah, I am still not putting the "emergency" and his call together, but I decide to pick up my phone and call him back. THAT is when I saw about 200 text messages and missed calls from our daughters, friends and family, asking if we were okay. Now that got me out of bed let me tell you.

Grabbed the remote, switched to the local Vegas news and saw what had happened. I never heard a thing.

Still sad and I just don't understand how ... well ... best not get into a gun debate here.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway, again, thanks for the concern, wish those affected well!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »

So very, very glad to hear, Perry.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »

Thanks.
Yeah, scary stuff the world has become.  Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS