HR Boards
December 12, 2017, 09:02:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN  (Read 122 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 27, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »

You know, I should love this book.

Slott runs tons of subplots, layering and buidling them in the background, 2-3 pages at a time in each issue. Buidling up what Ock and Osborn are doing. Black Cat and her schemes. Tying into his own big events and such. Old plots and events continue to layer from the past to now. This is what I loved about all those Roger Stern and very, very early 90's comics spread through 3 titles.

So why don't I love this title and writer?!?!

Because he always falls flat. His final delivery of stories is poor. They fizzle more than anything. I don't care for millionaire Parker and his global industries. I don't like Peter Parker; he doesn't listen to others, he doesn't take counsel with others, he runs roughshod over people in his way, he's a dope!

He's also very unoriginal now with Miles, Gwen, Kaine, and Ben running around.

I wish I was interested in this more...but I'm just not. And that makes me sad.

Especially with Slott sticking around for a lot longer.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:51:42 AM »

Currently, for me, Slott is on yet another high crest with his ever lasting Spider-Man Wave Writing style. The apex almost always following after yet another shallow trough, in a long history of ups and downs. His writing of Spidey is like looking at an Electromagnetic Radiation graph.
"Oh man, this good", "Oh this is bad", "Oh hell yeah"," WTF?", ...

I think if you look at my history with Slott since he has been on Spidey (and his She-Hulk run as well) that is almost precisely what you will see.

I have enjoyed the last couple of issues. Those being the "Legacy" numbered ones ... which that being something I will not even talk about here.
 Cheesy
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:18:17 PM »

Is this Slott’s 50th or 60th year of writing Spider-Man?

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

Is this Slott’s 50th or 60th year of writing Spider-Man?

I did have to comment to this

"HA!! That's awesome!!" Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS