HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:00:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 29233 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 08:17:44 PM »

I was rooting for the Steeler's too but I will say that Jacksonville is no slouch team.  At any rate, I am now a Jacksonville fan as I really don't want to see the Pat's in the Superbowl...again!   Grin  (Sorry Wringer!)

Oh I get it and completely understand...of course I don't agree Smiley but if I get it and would be sick of them too if they were not my team. Nearly 20yrs of loosing to the same team has got to be tough on any fan.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 01:46:04 AM »

Not sure why everyone is surprised by this.
We won 4 games in a row by a late field goal ... as time expired. This defense was not as good on the field as it appears on paper. Once Shazier went down it only amplified issues further. It is like Dallas witout LB Lee. He goes out or doesn't start and they are like 2-21. Sometimes key people are just that ... key
 Grin

Add in the horrible coaching we have ...
Yes, I hate Mike Tomlin as a coach. He is a great, fantastic speaker and motivator but he lacks countless attributes needed to be a good head coach. Like allowing our offensive play-caller and coach, Haley, the ability to refuse to use his almost 7 foot tall, 250 pound QB to do a QB sneak for one yard on 4th and 1, and instead pitch it back 9 yards to Bell for one attempt and then tell Ben to pass on another. And this is just two examples of horrible coaching I have witnessed all year.

Big Ben not being allowed to change plays at the line just slams home how idiotic this coaching staff is. From the top down.

Remember the shock when the Steelers played man-to-man defense this past year against the Pats? Remember how everyone was shocked we "changed tactics"? Well, that is how I have felt for year and years. The Pats game is a perfect example. It took us how many years to F'n try something new against them? Year after year, loss after loss of zone Defense before you finally allow the D to go man to man? I don't care about personnelle. If the Pats eat you alive when you play zone STOP PLAYING ZONE!!!!!! Regardless if you have the right players to do it. You know they beat you when you play zone, but for years ... and years ... you kept playing zone.

Tomlin is NOT a good Head Coach.

But ... I am not upset this year.  Grin Hahaha, no, really. I knew we were gonna lose at some point, probably against the Pats, but certainly against the NFC team this year. Glad we lost really, as I think Jax has a better shot at beating the Pats as not only do the Jags have a good defense and a powerful run game, they have coaches and not just people that make good sound bites for tv.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 03:41:49 AM »

Love it Perry, love it!

Always good to have the in-house fan describe what's going on.

For me, I always wonder if others think Mike McCarthy's a good coach. He's been a coach through 2 Hall of Famer's. Did he make Rodgers, or did Rodgers simply need to get on the field and go? I love that Rodgers makes plenty of playcalls and decisions on the field as well-it is his offense to run. That's fantastic; games go based on how he calls from the formations he has.

Now, if Big Ben can't do that...well, that sucks a little bit! But man, that dude has had some success though!!

Gah; can it be next football season already!

No offense to Wringer, I only 'hate' the Pats because they win more than my Packers. But man, ...will I live to see another team be as great (or cheat as much) as they did to sustain for so long? I'm not sure it can be matched!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »

Well looky who is not coming back to the Steelers next year!! Our offensive coordinator Todd "I refuse to QB sneak on 4th and 1" Haley!!

Hopefully that will help.

Now if we can just go back and not let defence coordinator Dick LeBeau go ...  Undecided

No offense to Wringer, I only 'hate' the Pats because they win more than my Packers.

Also no offense to Wringer, but I hate the Pats for many, many more reasons than just that.  Grin Grin Grin
"Winning" being the primary one of course, but ...
 Cheesy Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »

no offence taken...all's fair in Love and Football.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 02:33:48 AM »

Sorry guys...looks like you'll have to deal with another Patriots superbowl appearance
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 03:30:11 AM »

Sorry guys...looks like you'll have to deal with another Patriots superbowl appearance

And against the Eagles of all teams.  As a Cowboys fan, I really can’t stand Philly!   Man talk about worst case scenarios for me!

Anyway, Congrats Wringer!  I know seeing your team in multiple appearances has got to be exciting.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »

Sorry guys...

Somehow ... for some reason ... I don't think you mean that.
 Grin

And against the Eagles of all teams.  As a Cowboys fan, I really can’t stand Philly!   Man talk about worst case scenarios for me!

Yeah buddy. My boy Dave, a huge 'Boys fan and a Pats hater, told his daughter that they were not going to even watch the game.  Cheesy Cheesy
I told him to at least watch it for the commercials.
 Grin
And Jeff, not sure how you feel but man does Dave want that head coach of yours fired. He is tired of his "we learned and we will move on" type of attitude after every loss and the way he claps everytime you guys turn the ball over or fail to convert on 3rd downs.
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 01:28:48 PM »

YEAAAAAAAHHHHH EAGLES!

Finally got their trophy! My second team won, and I got to share it with my Philly guys! So sweet!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »

I hope Wringer knows how sorry I am not.
 Grin

Okay, sorry about "you" losing, but damn sure love that the Patriots went down basically because of one very questionable call. Seems almost appropriate.
 Wink
Good SuperBowl

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

great game, just not my outcome.  There;s always next year and the Bruins are killing it this yr too.  Goalie Rask has not lost in 20+ consecutive games.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »

Yeah, that one year you had The Red Sox, the Patriots and the Bruins ... and Celtics? Wasn't it all four major sports you guys won one year or within a year? Or was it only three?

Either way and just so you know, that is why I hate ... THAT IS WHY!!!!
 Grin

EDIT - Of course I can't have a sweep like that because all of my favorite teams, well back when I watched Basketball (don't now because it is double dribbling each time up the court) and Baseball, all my faves came from different cities.

When I was a much younger comic reader, my teams were Steelers (because of Rocky Bleier), Islanders (for the Sutter Brothers, but I have no reason for that now that I can remember), Braves (only because when we finally got cable I could watch every Atlanta game on TBS) and, speaking of Celtics, the Lakers because, well, I hated the Bird
 Grin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:36:15 PM by Perry » Logged

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2018, 09:33:20 PM »

yes, all four won within a 5yr period or something crazy like that and how can you not Love Larry "the great white hope" Bird...the rivalry and pure talent of him vs Magic was 80s gold.  Absolutely love that they are really good friends even now.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 12:32:23 AM »

... how can you not Love Larry "the great white hope" Bird...

Dude had talent, no doubt, but ... well ... Just never liked him (as much as I like anyone I have never met in real life ... you know what I mean?) Bird was a trash talkin' SOB, which was fun, for sure, but always came across wrong to me. Probably more me than him
 Cheesy
Magic and Bird fought for years Grin but they eventually found common ground in the respect they had for each others game. They were just the total opposite on so much it was hard for them early to be close; they were almost literally the perfect picture of opposites ... country mouse and city mouse, black and white, passer and shooter, on and on ...
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 05:11:40 AM »

great game, just not my outcome.  There;s always next year and the Bruins are killing it this yr too.  Goalie Rask has not lost in 20+ consecutive games.

Sweet!  A hockey fan too.  I sir am a proud season ticket holder of the Dallas Stars.  Which could explain why my reading is getting behind!  Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS