HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 02:08:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 297 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 07:31:19 PM »

OH god...no more bye weeks...no more hiding...it's Brett Hundley for the rest of the season.

I will love to say I'm wrong if he throws for 340 yards and 4 tds against the Lions Monday night.

However, the Lions have a good defense, a really good secondary (most times), and well this Brett hasn't passed for over 150 total yards in 2 games.

I feel it's going to be more of the same. Which means, losses from here on out. Ugh.

Which makes me ask; is McCarthy a good coach? It's easier to ask others that aren't in Packers country, I feel. I've always called him a lunkhead, but hey, these teams win.

Then again...is that because of, and only, because his 2 qbs are one of the best in history (Favre) and another who, invariably, I think, is a first time Hall of Famer (Rodgers)? If you've been grooming and purposefully keeping Hundley for 3 years on the bench as the #2, and the dude cannot play a good down of football, or make a completion yet of over 15 yards, then what kind of coach are you?

Going with that, if the Packers never rise above 20th in total defense for 5 years, why do you keep the same coach?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »

I think our LB Shazier just ended his career. Hit a guy with his helmet, facemask down (like I keep screaming for coaches to make them stop doing that) and he is not mvoing his legs. Looks like his spine compressed more than any other time I have seen it
 Undecided Embarrassed
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »

His arms moved though! Legs....though....Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 03:53:09 AM »

Yeah, he rolled over and ... his legs were just not right.

Luckily though, extremely lucky, it appears it is just a spinal bruise? Does that mean no paralysis? 
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:21 AM »

True. The spinal bruise leads to inflammation and swelling within the area which is how temporary paralysis can occur. However there can always be complications for how much swelling occurs and how much permanent affect that can happen to the spinal cord.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:04 AM »

Looks like more than just a bruise now. They had to cut him open
 Cry
Man, I just hope he regains feeling in his legs.

I am so mad at coaches for not teaching/re-enforcing  the "See what you hit" rule or keep your head up idea when tackling. If I was a coach, each time one of my players made a tackle without wrapping up OR seeing the tackle, I would sit them on the bench for at least a play or two. EACH AND EVERY TIME. No reason to lead with the crown of your helmet.
 Angry
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS