HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:06:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 29245 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 02:31:19 AM »

OH god...no more bye weeks...no more hiding...it's Brett Hundley for the rest of the season.

I will love to say I'm wrong if he throws for 340 yards and 4 tds against the Lions Monday night.

However, the Lions have a good defense, a really good secondary (most times), and well this Brett hasn't passed for over 150 total yards in 2 games.

I feel it's going to be more of the same. Which means, losses from here on out. Ugh.

Which makes me ask; is McCarthy a good coach? It's easier to ask others that aren't in Packers country, I feel. I've always called him a lunkhead, but hey, these teams win.

Then again...is that because of, and only, because his 2 qbs are one of the best in history (Favre) and another who, invariably, I think, is a first time Hall of Famer (Rodgers)? If you've been grooming and purposefully keeping Hundley for 3 years on the bench as the #2, and the dude cannot play a good down of football, or make a completion yet of over 15 yards, then what kind of coach are you?

Going with that, if the Packers never rise above 20th in total defense for 5 years, why do you keep the same coach?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 01:48:37 AM »

I think our LB Shazier just ended his career. Hit a guy with his helmet, facemask down (like I keep screaming for coaches to make them stop doing that) and he is not mvoing his legs. Looks like his spine compressed more than any other time I have seen it
 Undecided Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 03:20:26 AM »

His arms moved though! Legs....though....Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »

Yeah, he rolled over and ... his legs were just not right.

Luckily though, extremely lucky, it appears it is just a spinal bruise? Does that mean no paralysis? 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »

True. The spinal bruise leads to inflammation and swelling within the area which is how temporary paralysis can occur. However there can always be complications for how much swelling occurs and how much permanent affect that can happen to the spinal cord.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »

Looks like more than just a bruise now. They had to cut him open
 Cry
Man, I just hope he regains feeling in his legs.

I am so mad at coaches for not teaching/re-enforcing  the "See what you hit" rule or keep your head up idea when tackling. If I was a coach, each time one of my players made a tackle without wrapping up OR seeing the tackle, I would sit them on the bench for at least a play or two. EACH AND EVERY TIME. No reason to lead with the crown of your helmet.
 Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 04:18:26 AM »

I wish this just wasn't typing! I'd love to be sitting around with all you guys at a bar, eating wings, on a Thursday night, a few days before Sunday kickoff, and just yakking football!!

Perry; them Steelers! How many more games can they survive with a FG with time winding down! And the Pats coming!! The Pats are 10-2 under Brady against the Steelers. WTF up with that?!!

Jeff; how about dem 'boys! Honestly, I don't think they have any more of a chance this season. But at least Dak pulled something out of this season to show that yes, he can have success without a prime running back.

Wentz...THAT SUCKS FOR THE LEAGUE!! I'm sorry, but a great up and coming star, seems a great guy, having a storybook season so far (like the life Dak and Zeke had last year), and then, especially for that city, to have him lost 3 weeks before th end of the season? THAT SUCKS

Antonio Brown...should seriously be the MVP for this season. With Wentz out, Rodgers not playing 8 weeks, and a human-ish looking Brady, what other player has simply excelled this entire season? AB, that's who.

Aaron Rodgers is back! But for what, I temper myself with. A team with a shitty defense. To have the honor of making the playoffs (which, yeah, is still a really good thing for an organization. Even if one and done, you still get in, and that shows organizaton strength and ability). But...the excitement of watching this guy play again...if maybe for only 3 more games this year...yes, I'm giddy! But there is no honest chance I believe in a Superbowl win, let alone having all the chips fall right for a playoff berth!!!

What an exciting week coming up here!!!

I actually kinda want Eli to be benched again. See the rookie for the next few weeks, and let Eli go...and I say lets see him back with Coughlin in Jacksonville. By the way, food for thought, I've always rated Eli as a 'really, really good above average qb.' That's it. He's going to be 1st ballot HoF, but that's based off 2 SB wins only. Is that enough, I do like to ask.

Speaking of HoF...Devin Hester should be. If there is justice, he would be a first ballot.

I miss Barry Sanders. There was a 20th aniiversary thing of his 2000 yard this week on ESPN, and it brought it all back for me. Simply the greatest, I think. I mean, the actually greatest above all others in history.

Crap, I should go to sleep.

FOOTBALL

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »

I
Perry; them Steelers! How many more games can they survive with a FG with time winding down! And the Pats coming!! The Pats are 10-2 under Brady against the Steelers. WTF up with that?!!

We are going to have our asses handed to us this Sunday. The Pats are a well coached team and we are not. It's as simple as that. The Pats will take away Brown and Bell (someone I need to win my fantasy championship) and we will struggle to keep Brady in check. Happens every year.

And yes, these close games are taking days off my life expectancy. Luckily, this weeks game should be a blow-out like all the rest.
 Cheesy

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

I

We are going to have our asses handed to us this Sunday. The Pats are a well coached team and we are not. It's as simple as that. The Pats will take away Brown and Bell (someone I need to win my fantasy championship) and we will struggle to keep Brady in check. Happens every year.

And yes, these close games are taking days off my life expectancy. Luckily, this weeks game should be a blow-out like all the rest.
 Cheesy

That was a crazy game...very entertaining with a few heart-skipping moments.  It wasnt the blow-out you were expecting or the lose i was expecting due to the Pats soggy defense.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »

Antonio Brown...should seriously be the MVP for this season. With Wentz out, Rodgers not playing 8 weeks, and a human-ish looking Brady, what other player has simply excelled this entire season? AB, that's who.

Oops.  You jinxed him Jimmy.  And he's my top player in my fantasy league.  I lose him right as our playoffs start!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:32 PM »

I

Cheesy

That was a crazy game...very entertaining with a few heart-skipping moments.  It wasnt the blow-out you were expecting or the lose i was expecting due to the Pats soggy defense.

Refusing to discuss this game until at least the year 2026. Well, I mean any further than I have here already.
 Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 03:00:26 AM »

Oh man...so much changes for the Packers...

..what happens the Divisional round?...

..will officiating ever fully recover?!...

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 03:41:10 PM »

The officiating has been horrible this year.
I know people say that every year and I know people say people say that every year, but this has been, without question or hesitation THE worst year ever.

Every game.

Not just bad or questionable calls, but refs not knowing what the hell they are doing.

For instance just the past Playoff game with the Titans and Chiefs, Jeff Tripplete, a 22 or 23 year vet actually stated this after Titans QB Mariota caught one of his own passes after it was deflected back to him -
"There is no flag for illegal touching as the quarterback was in shotgun formation"
The ball was batted back to Mariota by a member of the opposing team. It didn't matter how he lined up prior to that event. Shotgun, under center, wildcat, it doesn't matter. A freaking O-Lineman can catch a batted pass and run why couldn't a QB? Oh yeah, he can.

That is just one of the 'oh so many examples of horrific officiating this year. I could name so many more if I, much like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, only had a brain.
 Cheesy Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 03:46:42 AM »

Perry, I don't know what to say. But... Wow. Then again maybe it's like when I watched the Packers get destroyed by Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers who simply just ran everywhere and did whatever they wanted in the divisional round.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:57 PM »

Perry, I don't know what to say. But... Wow. Then again maybe it's like when I watched the Packers get destroyed by Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers who simply just ran everywhere and did whatever they wanted in the divisional round.

I was rooting for the Steeler's too but I will say that Jacksonville is no slouch team.  At any rate, I am now a Jacksonville fan as I really don't want to see the Pat's in the Superbowl...again!   Grin  (Sorry Wringer!)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS