HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:34:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 6, 2017  (Read 10630 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »

nothing read

I started a book this last week.  Wink

So you're just gonna ingnore my question not once, but twice?
 Tongue

Smiley

Edit - May as well post my updated reading
 Smiley

Letter 44 #7
Letter 44 #8
Letter 44 #9
Letter 44 #10
Rai #9
Astro City #1
Astro City #2
Astro City #3
Astro City #4
Harbinger: Renegades #7
World Reader #6
B.P.R.D - Hollow Earth
- From what I gather it is essentially BPRD #s 1, 2 and 3
B.P.R.D - Soul of Venice - From what I gather it is essentially BPRD #4
 Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:19:17 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:19 AM »

nothing read

I started a book this last week.  Wink

So you're just gonna ingnore my question not once, but twice?
 Tongue

Smiley

LOL

No, sorry, meant to respond. I totally believe that was Stan and Jack there. There's an issue, where, in the first 6, or early in the first 6 of the series where there is a newsreporter and other editors and such, and I'm positive one of them is Julie Schwartz as well. Busiek was great for doing that all over the place.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 12:52:07 AM »

Actually, I lied, I forgot my Unlimited reading:

Deadpool Corps 5-10 Still not done! 2 more issues!

Bullseye 2 No reservations here from the first issue. Should I be bothered by that?  Huh Cool

Clone Conspiracy Omega You know, you could have just made this the final issue of the mini, or issue 26 of ASM, but whatever what do I know. Just drag out this...blah series...

Doctor Strange 18 Cool use of the magic of the God of Thunder, and the team up in general!!

Spider-man 2099 21 And this series continues on...for a little bit longer...eh...

But I have so much new Image to read!! Not enough time...as I'm trying to read 2 books at the same time...oops!! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 01:42:48 AM »

Bullseye 2 No reservations here from the first issue. Should I be bothered by that?  Huh Cool

I'm right there with you.  I was actually considering not finishing this series as well.  The art in this issue was pretty bad.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:29 AM »

ComiXology
Batman Vol 3:  I Am Bane - Collects issues 16-20, 23-24 and BATMAN ANNUAL #1
Mister Miracle 1 Extended Preview Edition - what the heck, it's free
New Superman 7
New Superman 8
New Superman 9
New Superman 10
New Superman 11
New Superman 12
Wonder Woman Vol 3: The Truth - Collects issues 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, & 25
The Walking Dead 168
The Walking Dead 169
The Walking Dead 170
Star Trek TNG: Mirror Broken #0
Star Trek TNG: Mirror Broken #1
Star Trek TNG: Mirror Broken #2
Star Trek TNG: Mirror Broken #3

Marvel Unlimited
Champions 6
Moon Knight 12
Bullseye 2
Spider-Man 2099 #18
Doctor Strange 18
Hawkeye 4
Star Wars 29

Finished off my list so I'm adding a mini I had started awhile back but hadn't finished.

Winterworld 0
Winterworld 2
Winterworld 3
Winterworld 4
Winterworld 5
Winterworld 6
Winterworld 7

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »

Knocking out a few more L44 and started a killer Aftershock comic.

And Jeff, I may need your help with a couple missed issues of L44 if I may. Though I am not sure, yet. It seems I am going to be missing ... not going to be able to read ... 4 issues, I think it was. Instead of me buying those four, maybe you could just let me know what happened in the issues? Maybe?
Yes, I am cheap
 Cheesy

And don't feel like you have to, I can get caught up enough in the recap, which I think ALL monthly comics should be required to have (Thanks Oni and Soule for that)

Letter 44 #7
Letter 44 #8
Letter 44 #9
Letter 44 #10
Letter 44 #11
Letter 44 #12
Letter 44 #13
Letter 44 #14
Pestilence #1
Pestilence #2
- Now this is a fun zombie comic!!! Frank Tieri and Oleg Okunev have me hooked
Rai #9
Astro City #1
Astro City #2
Astro City #3
Astro City #4
Harbinger: Renegades #7
World Reader #6
B.P.R.D - Hollow Earth

B.P.R.D - Soul of Venice

EDIT - And thanks Jimmy. I thought that as well, but as close as they drew the likeness of Kirby, kinda, I was thinking the other was more Ditko looking, even though it made so much more sense being Lee. But yeah, I am going Lee and Kirby.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:30:15 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 02:30:16 PM »

And Jeff, I may need your help with a couple missed issues of L44 if I may. Though I am not sure, yet. It seems I am going to be missing ... not going to be able to read ... 4 issues, I think it was. Instead of me buying those four, maybe you could just let me know what happened in the issues? Maybe?
Yes, I am cheap
 Cheesy

Which issues do you need?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 04:36:37 PM »

I can't remember.  Grin I left it at the LCS.

No biggie, was just maybe gonna ask you for a "what happened after ..."  Cheesy I just don't want to buy a couple random issues of a title. I am sure i can get most of the idea from the recap
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »

Rough day yesterday so I didn't get any more reading in, nor did I get back to the LCS, therefor my completion list remains the same as above.
 Undecided
Onto this week.
Will Marvel and/or DC make an appearance on my reading list this week? We shall see
 Grin

EDIT - Forgot both Mister Miracle and Metal #2 will hit the stands today, so I can guarantee DC will at least have two titles on my list this week.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:24:31 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »

Winterworld 0
Winterworld 2
Winterworld 3
Winterworld 4
Winterworld 5
Winterworld 6
Winterworld 7

Don't know why I bothered adding these as I had no time to read.   Cheesy
I guess I did finish the 0 issue and issue 2.  Rolling this to next week.....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS