HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:54:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Letter 44  (Read 11135 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »

Forgot to mention this in the weekly reader so I thought I would post it here, where most of my thoughts should have gone anyway  Cheesy It is a very small detail but I love the way
While in space, the communications are colored different around the text boxes, depending on who you are talking to;

Red for whole shipwide communications
Yellow for just the local group talk
and
Green for one to one convos... just makes it a tad cooler to know and understand who is talking to whom.
(of course it has been a couple hours ... maybe the colors are different, but ya get what I mean

I hadn't noticed that (or at least don't remember noticing it - surely I did) but I agree that the small touches add to this series.  
I like how communications between the ship and earth isn't instantaneous.  It's a little thing but adds a nice touch that the President has to sit and wait so long for a reply.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:52 PM »

Forgot to mention this in the weekly reader so I thought I would post it here, where most of my thoughts should have gone anyway  Cheesy It is a very small detail but I love the way
While in space, the communications are colored different around the text boxes, depending on who you are talking to;

Red for whole shipwide communications
Yellow for just the local group talk
and
Green for one to one convos... just makes it a tad cooler to know and understand who is talking to whom.
(of course it has been a couple hours ... maybe the colors are different, but ya get what I mean

I hadn't noticed that (or at least don't remember noticing it - surely I did) but I agree that the small touches add to this series.  
I like how communications between the ship and earth isn't instantaneous.  It's a little thing but adds a nice touch that the President has to sit and wait so long for a reply.   Cheesy

Yeah, right. over 20 minutes of sitting
  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »

Letter 44 Issues #5 and #6 -

I didn't enjoy those two issues at all. I am still stoked for the series, but those two ... especially the way
President Blades and that past Pres' conversation went. I just can't picture any President saying what Blades did or acting in that manner, no matter what the past President did or the wars that were involved. Well, maybe I could picture ONE president acting that way  Wink. But it was also the way the space group handled the baby and alien situation.  Undecided
Still looking ahead and liking the book. Every title has some bad issues so I am not worried.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »

Letter 44 #'s 7 and 8

First off, I am still enjoying this. Yes, starting a sentence like that pretty much guarantees a bitch session from me  Cheesy but ... okay ... I am
just not understand the ... shift(?) in President Blades. Maybe that is something I will learn to understand later, but this guy just seems ... different from the guy I met in the first couple issues. His entire demeanor is different. That or I just read it different.
 Grin

Also, again, another bitch about the baby. What human being what go on a suicide mission and while in the act of the mission, a suicide mission remind, decide to have a kid. That still bothers me.

I am also thinking that either Soule changed a few things before issue 8 was sent to the printer, the letterer forgot some dialog or there was some miscommunication between he and the artist as there is one panel that clearly shows a guy talking, and by his pose he is adamant about what he is saying, yet there is no word balloon for his remarks.
I thought I had missed something at first. Like I couldn't see the dialog box, but look here ...

As you can clearly see, the guy pointing his finger is saying something. And he is saying it loudly too  Cheesy Yet there are no words. Long hair guy (edit ... old long hair guy with beard) has words. Guy at the bottom of the pic has words, but this guy, this guy that is pissed or ... or saying happy birthday  Cheesy ... he has no words. Maybe they got lost under that light fixture?
 Cheesy

I know as you read this you are thinking I am not enjoying this series, but that would not be true. I am digging it, there is just a couple things I don't understand. Mostly dealing with human behavior but ... ya know the story has still got me. I am still here. Just hard pushing things aside that bug me. Like, for one example ...  
having a damn kid while
on a suicide mission!!!
Angry

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:22:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS