HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:42:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Scorsese to direct Joker Origin Movie  (Read 4204 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

What do you think about this?

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:05:04 PM »

Undecided

I dunno.  We'll see.  Taking it in different direction might make things worse.  DC's movies haven't really wowed me much in the Villains department.  

Didn't see Suicide Squad but didn't hear good things about Leto's Joker.  I thought Zod and Ares were okay, but not great.

And Eisenburg's Luthor ... yikes.  Seeing him on screen, I had to fight back the image of him sprouting floppy ears and burbling "Meesa thinks the red capes are a-comin', betcha betcha."

Hopefully they improve on the Clown Prince.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:08:30 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:25 PM »

I thought the Dark Knight villains were pretty good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 02:06:33 AM »

I think expanding an origin to the Joker in movie form is simply an Elseworlds, fan fic sort of tale. You just make up what you want to to get to a result you think is great-to you.

Which is how we get Halle Berry Catwoman.

That's how I think about this idea of this project.

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 04:19:48 AM »

I thought the Dark Knight villains were pretty good.

I meant since the last reboot.

No, I thought the villains from those films were very well done.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS