HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:23:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Gifted  (Read 5052 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »

Thunderbird, Blink, Polaris, and...Eclipse?  This has potential - premiere's on Fox in October.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/882023-the-gifted-character-posters-tease-the-mutants-of-the-series#/slide/1

But - who is Eclipse?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

Thunderbird, Blink, Polaris, and...Eclipse?  This has potential - premiere's on Fox in October.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/882023-the-gifted-character-posters-tease-the-mutants-of-the-series#/slide/1

But - who is Eclipse?

"Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz / Eclipse: A rebellious mutant who can absorb and manipulate photons."

So, a Latino with light manipulation. 

Sunspot? 

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »

"Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz / Eclipse: A rebellious mutant who can absorb and manipulate photons."

So, a Latino with light manipulation. 

Sunspot? 

Could be.  Could be.  But why not just call him Sunspot?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »

probably because of the planned New Mutants movie...dont want to cross streams now do you Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:09:05 AM »

I'm betting more than anything he's just created for the show. The character doesn't even sound really like Roberto.

That said...I'm probably going to skip this unless it really REALLY blows the socks off of every one in the world.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »

two eps in...so far so good...some nice easter eggs.  again, not ground breaking TV but solid entertainment.  it feels remotely connected to Legion though no connection has been official made.

anyone else?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »

I simply have been unable to make this part of my routine at all. Sounds like this has been doing well; is anyone else watching it to give me opinions?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »

I watched the first episode and was pleased, but still have not gotten around to watching more yet. Summer tv schedule is a beast for me. Rarely have anytime to check out the shows I already have.
 Cheesy
Will get back to it soon though.

Just hope it doesn't get too far into that "Bill Bixby Hulk" feeling where every week we are just going through the same motions and emotions. It COULD do that with the way it is set-up, but I am hoping they avoid that trap.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS