HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 11:51:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Nights METAL  (Read 451 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »

So I read or re-read The Return of Bruce Wayne #1 last night, trying to get all up on that knowledge to understand Metal more thoroughly, and I think (and Snyder could have said as much in an interview somewhere, I don't know) that this is where Snyder got the idea for
the 3 Jokers. There is a caveman/early man in this issue ... along side Vandal Savage(?) ... that the group calls Joker. Wonder if that is where Snyder got the idea as it is obvious reading Metal that he is all over Morrison's jock strap  Grin

There is a small part of my brain that thinks Plastic Man may be in this mini ... somehow ... as something perhaps? Could be wrong of course.

Onto issue #2 ... at some time or another.
 Cheesy
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »

Oh, you mean Plasti may be in the 'Return' mini?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually the Joker/Trickster figurehead of days long past. OR, at least represent it. You need a shining force of light to banish the gloomy darkness.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:15 AM »

Well I have now read issues 1-4 and so far issue #1 is the only one really talking about Barbatos or, from what I see, anything related to Metal to any degree. I did start issue #5 and it seems like it may have more here, so fingers crossed
 Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »

Metal #3

Snyder is not Morrison. He is not crafting a tale that grows between issues and makes each instance of seeing the issue we read a spectacular moment.

It's so...blasted over the place. Instead of crafting a dart to throw at a bullseye, Snyder loads up both barrels of a shotgun with buckshot and blasts the entire dartboard.

I don't hate this...but I'm really disappointed with this so far.

I also HATE the dark multiverse. Let's study this; what's the purpose shown of the 'dark' realms? It's shown to be a place of depravity, hate, fear, all spawned from our universe. Ie, that means our universe is 'good' or light.

Maybe I'm looking too hard into it, but this stands on the principles that there is objective truths-good exists, and evil exists. Good is better, I would presume, from what is being shown here. Only through fear and hate does the dark grow. So, that means the dark needs be destroyed. ((or is this balanced with the good only exists with bad to balance?))

And I can look at all this without bringing in the benevolent creator argument yet.

On the whole, I think the dark multiverse is a dumb idea.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »

While not bad enough to send to the junk yard, I do see a lot of rust in this Metal event. Yes I went for the easy shot
 Cheesy

It just seems like an Elseworlds title and I think that is the only thing I am truly enjoying.

Sadly, I think it is going to permeate the DCU for years, instead of just being ... a thing that was here, good and enjoyable while it lasted.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS