HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:51:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - August 16, 2017  (Read 8013 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 15, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »

Bigger list this week due to collected editions.

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12
Doctor Strange 16
Daredevil 16
Carnage 16
Spider-Man 2099 20
Old Man Logan 17
Moon Knight 11
Champions 5
All-New X-Men 18

ComiXology
Black Hammer 9
Black Hammer 10
Black Hammer Giant-Sized Annual
The Black Monday Murders 5
The Black Monday Murders 6
Catalyst Prime FCBD
East of West 33
Lazarus Sourcebook 1
Lazarus Sourcebook 2
Justice League vs Suicide Squad HC (Collects JL vs SS 1-6; Justice League 12-13; Suicide Squad 8-10)
Letter 44 TPB Vol 3 (Collects Letter 44 #14-20)
Secret TPB Vol 1: Never Get Caught (Collects Secret 1-7)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:46:13 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »

Okay, going to try and hit -

Metal #1
Aquaman #27 ... TWENTY SEVEN ... not twenty-six  Cheesy
Future Quest Presents #1 - A more Space Ghost centric title?
Batman #28
Batman #29

Old Man Logan #25
Old Man Logan #26
Old Man Logan #27
Ultimates #100
Astonishing X-Men #2 - Starting to cut my X reading down again (already 8 or 9 titles being published??  Roll Eyes) maybe keeping this one.

Secrets Weapons #3
Motor Girl #8
Noble #2
Rai #6
Black Hammer #11

Would like to get caught up on Super Sons (about 4 issue behind), but may have to wait for a "5th week"
 Undecided
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:01:45 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:09 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12

Ok Perry, your right.  This is where it starts getting better.  The whole Pym/Ultron storyline.  Pretty good story here.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »

Sweet. glad it hit for ya. Now maybe you will be able to help me with the Cable / shoulder A.I thing that is coming up next.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:45:43 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12
Doctor Strange 16
Daredevil 16
Carnage 16

Carnage 16 - Series Finale.
This should have ended at least six issues ago.  It started out really cool and probably could have ended that way if they had stopped after the first or second arc.  The last issues just seemed to drag out.  It's a shame. I had high praise for the book but ended with a mediocre feel.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:24:44 AM »

All I know is that you better be offline for a while, or not visit other comic sites if you don't want to be spoiled!! CBR is just itching to post nothing but spoilers since Tuesday afternoon!! (re: Metal #1)

I may be able to get my books tomorrow, but man, I've got to avoid!!!

That said, Unlimited this week
Unworthy Thor 4 OH hell yah!! Love these two books!!! SO DAMN GOOD. ART & STORY!!!
I v X #4 So. nothing. of an. issue. Talk about wasting peoples' time and money.
Power Man & Iron Fist 13 Hella good. Such a good and masterfully woven story occurring here. Been a very good year for this duo!!
Totally Awesome Hulk 16 All the good feels I've had for this book since Pak's return have mostly evaporated. Maybe it's that I don't like any of the supporting cast in this book at all (being honest, I've never even read Shang Chi in anything but guest appearances, and that's spotty even. So, no disrespect to him, I don't know him. Not throwing shade his way, but I don't know him. The others I really REALLY don't care about).

and....

I tried a new book
Kingpin #1 My 'shocker find' of the week! I found myself to actually have REALLY enjoyed this book! I liked the art laid down, and I liked reading it start to finish, I loved the ending, and I just want to see issue 2! I liked it so, that I added Bullseye #1 to give it a try to see new writers/artists.

But yeah, I need my DC stuff.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 01:26:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12

Ok Perry, your right.  This is where it starts getting better.  The whole Pym/Ultron storyline.  Pretty good story here.

But..but..but I want credit too! I've liked this book all along once the first arc was finished!!!  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Wink Cheesy Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 03:23:33 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12

But..but..but I want credit too! I've liked this book all along once the first arc was finished!!!  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Wink Cheesy Wink

Edit:  Ok Jimmy, your right.  This is where it starts getting better.  The whole Pym/Ultron storyline.  Pretty good story here.

Grin Grin  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »

Ah, so this is what satisfaction feels like. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »

Good progress so far!  Of course all will come to a halt when I hit those collected editions.

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny Avengers 9
Uncanny Avengers 10
Uncanny Avengers 11
Uncanny Avengers 12
Doctor Strange 16
Daredevil 16
Carnage 16
Spider-Man 2099 20
Old Man Logan 17
Moon Knight 11
Champions 5
All-New X-Men 18

ComiXology
Black Hammer 9
Black Hammer 10
Black Hammer Giant-Sized Annual
The Black Monday Murders 5
The Black Monday Murders 6
Catalyst Prime FCBD
East of West 33
Lazarus Sourcebook 1
Lazarus Sourcebook 2
Justice League vs Suicide Squad HC (Collects JL vs SS 1-6; Justice League 12-13; Suicide Squad 8-10)
Letter 44 TPB Vol 3 (Collects Letter 44 #14-20)
Secret TPB Vol 1: Never Get Caught (Collects Secret 1-7)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 02:45:51 AM »

And I finished:

Cable & Deadpool 41-50

Honestly, what a good title this was. What fun, clever, snarky, and well, smart writing as well. (Smart writing? With DP in there?). Yup. Fabian writes a great Cable, and he writes a funny DP that isn't overly obnoxious or swarmy, or, dare I say it, silly?

The funny thing is, is that Cable was killed off in some parallel running story with X-men #200, and well, Cable wasn't in the book the last 6 issues! But, it was a little book that everyone got to fight for, and it got finished. Now, DP started up again 6 months later during 'Secret Invasion.'

I've made no bones about the fact that I oddly love Cable. I have no idea why. I never read through his first appearances with X-force, I never read through anything involving his initial interactions with X-men, and the big Stryfe blow up, or the reveal of his lineage, and I never read his solo title after all that when he had to eventually kill his own son.

But some time after that, I got to see more and more of him....a bit of joining the team when Claremont returned to X-men for the 3rd time, some later X-force books, then a bunch when Hope was around (she still alive???) But yeah, this grizzled warrior is an odd favorite of mine, not for where he came from, but how he's come to grow and change through so many renditions.

I guess... I guess I feel the same about Deadpool. I am now a fan.

Glad to be here. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 02:49:15 AM »

Up next:

DC Comics
Metal #1 !!!!
Super Sons 7

Superman 28
Superman 29
Aquaman 27
Wonder Woman 28
Hal & GLC 26
Deathstroke 22
Action 985
Green Arrow 28 & 29 (I wasn't there for a month, and I apparenlty didn't add it to my drop list then, so I didn't want to do it to my LCS guy to put 2 copies back on the shelf I said I would buy)
Batman/Elmer Fudd I FOUND A COPY IT'S SO AWESOME!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 02:56:32 AM »

I've made no bones about the fact that I oddly love Cable. I have no idea why.

I have loved Cable since his first appearances in X-force.  Was blown away by the reveal that he was the baby I saw taken to the future in my X-Men books.  Just great character and fun to follow.

You should read the series that follows him taking Hope to the future and raising her.  One of the best IMO. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 03:03:02 AM »

I've made no bones about the fact that I oddly love Cable. I have no idea why.

I have loved Cable since his first appearances in X-force.  Was blown away by the reveal that he was the baby I saw taken to the future in my X-Men books.  Just great character and fun to follow.

You should read the series that follows him taking Hope to the future and raising her.  One of the best IMO. 

I may come to that title again. I may go back and read it when Jeph Loeb was really good and writing this book with...Ian Churchill on art?

Also, how the hell did he come back to life after Messiah Complex?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »

Ha, man I have wasted the past 3 days!!! Almost no reading done.
 Angry
Have to get on some today

Metal #1Undecided
Aquaman #27
Future Quest Presents #1
Batman #28
Batman #29

Old Man Logan #25
Old Man Logan #26
Old Man Logan #27
Ultimates #100
Astonishing X-Men #2

Secrets Weapons #3
Motor Girl #8
Noble #2
Rai #6 - Getting good!!
Black Hammer #11 - Going to wait until next week when #12 hits so I can read back to back
 Smiley
(or an excuse to knock off one title to make this easier?)
 Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS