HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:58:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - August 2, 2017  (Read 8632 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »

Not a lot at all this week, but I enjoyed what I read and THAT is what is most important
 Smiley

The New Gods Special #1

Rai #2
Rai #3
Rai #4
- Loving the story, but these issues were (including issue #1) kinda hard to read at times due to the art. It is absolutely gorgeous at times, but it is also, again, at times, very hard to tell what every panel is trying to show. At least for me. Sometimes I just can't tell what Crain is trying to show me. Not too often, maybe a panel or two an issue and it isn't ruining anything as I can eventually get there, but yeah, my eyes struggle.

Even still, I'm digging it and looking forward to continuing down Japan ... as it were.
 Grin

Miracle Man #1 - Yep, I begged, I pleaded, I read it!!! This is gonna be another fine 12 issue run by the 12 issue run master.
 Smiley Cool

EDIT - And just deleting something.
 Grin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:12:00 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »

Rai #2
Rai #3
Rai #4
- Loving the story, but these issues were (including issue #1) kinda hard to read at times due to the art. It is absolutely gorgeous at times, but it is also, again, at times, very hard to tell what every panel is trying to show. At least for me. Sometimes I just can't tell what Crain is trying to show me. Not too often, maybe a panel or two an issue and it isn't ruining anything as I can eventually get there, but yeah, my eyes struggle.

That happens in the whole run but the art is still amazing.  Glad your reading this. I liked it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »

Only got through two more.  Is having too much to read a good problem or a bad one?

Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 14
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 15

Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 16
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 17
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 18
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 19
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 20
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 21
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 22
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 23
Superman Annual 1
Superwoman 4
Superwoman 5
Superwoman 6
Superwoman 7
Titans 5
Titans 6
Wonder Woman 12
Wonder Woman 14

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 12:41:04 PM »

Only got through two more.  Is having too much to read a good problem or a bad one?

It is only bad when they are bad comics  Smiley

Rai #2
Rai #3
Rai #4

That happens in the whole run but the art is still amazing.  Glad your reading this. I liked it.

Well I at least feel better about not being the only one that has his eyes not getting every panel.  Grin

And oh yeah, I see you are (have plans on) reading Superwoman. Trust me, once Phil Jeminez leaves, just stop reading. Just put them down ...  delete them or at least ignore the rest. Man did that book fall quickly once he bolted/was axed.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »

I forgot I wanted to get back to this
 Smiley

The New Gods Special #1

I just always have this belief that the idea and memory of the New Gods is always better than anything ever done since Kirby

I understand you feelings, and agree.  Smiley There are exceptions, of course, especially when the characters are used as additions to a story and not the focal point. But there are those rare times when I really get into some recent stories that worked well for me, like the recent JLA event thing ... that I obviously forgot the name of  Cheesy, that had the Monitor and Darkseid fighting. Crap!! what was that?

AAARRRGGGHHHHH
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »

that had the Monitor and Darkseid fighting. Crap!! what was that?

You mean the Darkseid War?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS