HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:08:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: USAvengers  (Read 7380 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: July 29, 2017, 03:07:04 AM »

You know, through 2 issues, this has been a fun book.

Now, I really think it is lame that a cypher character was invented to be carbon copy Thunderbolt Ross to be a carbon copy Red Hulk. Seriously, that is weak-ass sauce!! That's the most creative you could get?  Grin Cheesy

That said, I dig this Golden Skull aspect, and want to really read issue #3.

I wont lie, my blind-sided irritation of all things Bendis is cranky that the iteration of a future Cap that has come back is Danielle, but I will frankly say it's just me being irrational this his creations trod over other future Cap figures that have been used!  Cool Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »

You know, through 2 issues, this has been a fun book.

I railed against this title from the moment I saw it solicited. Thought it was some of the most ridiculous crap I could think of and had no interest in it at all.

I then, on a lark, read issue 3 and 4 (I think that was the two issues I read) and really had fun with it.

Just goes to show, I guess. Try before you decide.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »

Issue 3 was still cool fun, but I missed seeing the team doing team-y things in suits, but hey, still really neat, and I dug the whole thing and resolution!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »

Issue 4 was all this Monsters Island or some bullshit tie in, write in event with monster Deadpool. Not interested, not entertained, just dumb to me. Mostly scanned it and skipped to the end. Blah.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »

Must not have been the two issues I read.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

Issue 5 is the first SE logo dressing on the cover, and the issue was awful.

The fun book I truly loved reading with the first 2-3 issues was no where to be seen in the reading of this. Simply not enjoyable at all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »

Still trying to remember what issues it was I found really funny, but it had something to do with dimensional jumping or ... crap, I don't remember. I remember laughing at it, in a good way, but haven't been back. Guess I won't be either.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 02:22:16 AM »

I’ve only read the SE “Tie-In” and I didn’t see much there that was interesting.  Except maybe whatever is going on with Cannonball.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS