HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:27:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - July 26, 2017  (Read 7816 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »

Bug: The Adventures of Forager #1 - After reading this, just gonna wait and read when finished.
Detective Comics #961
Hal & the GLC #25 - Ugh
Wildstorm #3
Wildstorm #4
Wildstorm #5
Wildstorm #6
- Okay, I need to go all the way back to #1 and start over. Forgot what is going on  Undecided Cheesy Cheesy
Action Comics #984 - Just not sure how I feel about
Zod having a family that fits so well as anti-Supes. Wife and kid about the same age? I ... I like the idea and loath it as well. Need to sit on it for a few. And what Supes did with Cyborg Supes seemed ... not a cool thing to do???

Secret Empire #7
Captain America (Sam) #24
Captain America (Steve) #19
Champions #9
Champions #10

Iron Fist #4
Iron Fist #5

Thanos #8
Thanos #9

Rai #2
Rapture #3
Groo: Play of the Gods
The Sovereigns #3
Shadows of the Grave #1

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:15:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and say this is pretty much my list for next week.  Only got through one comic so far.   Cheesy

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 3.1
Uncanny Inhumans 18
Ultimates 2 #3
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra 3
Squadron Supreme 15
Spider-Gwen 16 (Crossover w/ Spider-Man)
Invincible Iron Man 3
All New X-Men 17
Uncanny Avengers 1 - Going to give this another try since Perry recommends it now.
Uncanny Avengers 2
Uncanny Avengers 3
Uncanny Avengers 4

ComiXology
All Star Batman 6
All Star Batman 7
All Star Batman 8
All Star Batman 9
Batman Annual 1
Deathstroke 8
Deathstroke 9
Deathstroke 10
Deathstroke 11
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 14
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 15
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 16
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 17
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 18
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 19
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 20
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 21
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 22
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 23
Superman Annual 1
Superwoman 4
Superwoman 5
Superwoman 6
Superwoman 7
Titans 5
Titans 6
Wonder Woman 12
Wonder Woman 14

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »

Bug: The Adventures of Forager #1
Detective Comics #961 - Another title I need to go back a few issues before I read. Didn't know I was this behind
Hal & the GLC #25
Wildstorm #3
Wildstorm #4
Wildstorm #5
Wildstorm #6

Action Comics #984

Secret Empire #7
Captain America (Sam) #24
Captain America (Steve) #19
Champions #9
Champions #10

Iron Fist #4
Iron Fist #5

Thanos #8
Thanos #9

Rai #2
Rapture #3
Groo: Play of the Gods
The Sovereigns #3
Shadows of the Grave #1

Green Valley #8
Green Valley #9
- This would have been, I suspect, a more satisfying read had I remembered before starting issue #8 that I didn't yet read issue #7. Better still, it would have been nice had I possessed said issue #7 so I COULD have read it.  Angry Angry Angry)
Still, I wanted to finish this long overdue mini, even forsaking the few issues I still have on this weeks list, so I dove in anyway. It wasn't bad overall. I can't say it was an overly great mini, but I still enjoyed it for the most part, even not having read issue #7. The ending, though hollywood'esgue, was still pretty satisfying.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:27 AM »

Finished all 5 volumes of Harbinger.

Man...I feel like I saw the Classic Star Wars Trilogy in Imperium...then I saw the Prequels in the Harbinger volume

-WAIT!!!-

Meaning that I saw Vader/Toyo in his full prime, and then I saw how he got to that point.

That's the only comparision I make with Harbinger/Prequels. Honest. I loved those volumes!! So sad and awful feeling deep inside me with how it ended-almost, honestly, like the Prequels, too, if I'm being honest. Great stuff in that writing!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

I always found Harada to be the perfect example of a more realistic Magento.

You can see his vision, but his vanity and drive to make it material, no matter the cost or pain pushed on others, is what makes his effort clouded. Almost to the point of Stalinism.

And I say more realistic than Magneto because once Mags joined the X-Men ... all his original ambitions were neutered. I don't see Harada slipping even an ounce away from his measured goal.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »

Action Comics #984 - Just not sure how I feel about
Zod having a family that fits so well as anti-Supes. Wife and kid about the same age? I ... I like the idea and loath it as well. Need to sit on it for a few. And what Supes did with Cyborg Supes seemed ... not a cool thing to do???

As established prior:

Lor Zod was brought in during Geoff Johns Action writing pre-Flashpoint, when Richard Donner was brought in as a co-writer for sales attention (that's how I felt about it). But, Lor Zod was there, an abused son who was seen as 'weak' by Zod, and had escaped from the Zone and then taken in by Clark & Lois, and raised 'briefly' as an adopted son named 'Christopher.'

Felt a bit cheesy, I guess, in all honesty. I liked that they were parents, and I get honoring Reeve, but it felt almost like they were testing the waters to see how fans would take a Super-dad.

Lor Zod here looks much more like a pissant than a kid needing refuge. Now...was he ever raised as a Kent, or is that part of history gone?

After all, it can now be said that there were/are TWO Cyborg Supermans-Hank Henshaw, and Zor El.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »

Ahhh, thanks for the info.

Still not sure how I feel about it, but still, at least I have more to go on ... in a way.  Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS