HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:55:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buying this Omni  (Read 4404 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 07, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »

I don't know when or if it will be here, on Amazon, or if InStock Trades will be getting my money, but THIS will be mine. Oh, yes, it will be.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »

Sweet!

I just got THIS in the mail last week.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:43:38 AM »

Sweet man.  Cool

Just checked on that and it starts at issue #234 and runs to #240. What an odd set.  Cool I can find no logic in why those seven issues were the ones collected. Not that I am complaining, any collection of LoSH is grand in my eyes  Grin, but just curious if you know why those issues were selected as the "vol 1".
Does it say in the book or do you know of why they decided to start here at #234?

It is great that they included the elusive All New Collectors Edition C-55 

SCORE !!!

Grin Grin Grin

That one issue was one of my favorite reads when I was younger.
 Smiley

Plus, unlike all the other Collectors Editions, that book actually took place between issues and was part of the order of reading not just a reprint or some strange one shot. Hey!!! Maybe that is why they did start that vol there? Just to get that in the order?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:20:42 PM »

The description says...

"Continuing directly from the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ARCHIVES..."

So I guess it follows that? Not sure why it's a Vol 1.  I have an aged copy of C-55 that is falling apart which is what drew me to this HC.  Wanted to be able to look at it without pages falling out.  Angry

I also had that as a kid and loved looking at the giant pages.  Just a lot of fun.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »

I have an aged copy of C-55 that is falling apart which is what drew me to this HC.  Wanted to be able to look at it without pages falling out.  Angry

Oh man, yeah, that sucks. And for such a great issue too  Sad
Like you said, it was so nice and big!

That reminds me, I need to order me another copy of Paul Jenkins Inhumans trade. The pages are falling out of that as well and that pisses me off. That is one I need on my shelf, but hey, maybe there is a HC of that now.?.?.?
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS