HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 10:07:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Life  (Read 180 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 30, 2017, 05:37:16 AM »

Our builder told us last night they are pulling out of the development and not going to build our house.  We are homeless(sort of).

What hurts the most is that we wouldn't have sold our current home if we had known.  Now we are living in a two bedroom apartment - for the price of my old house payment - and have no idea what we are going to do.

Life can really suck sometimes.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:15:47 AM »

Shocked Angry Angry Angry Angry

HOLY SHIT, DUDE!!!!! Of all the ...

I hope there is a lawsuit pending or at least in the works as far as thinking about it. No idea if what they did is legal ... don't they now have to provide .. I mean WTF?!?!?!

Look, I know we are far apart and all, but if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.

Thoughts are with you, buddy
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:43 AM »

Shocked Angry Angry Angry Angry

HOLY SHIT, DUDE!!!!! Of all the ...

I hope there is a lawsuit pending or at least in the works as far as thinking about it. No idea if what they did is legal ... don't they now have to provide .. I mean WTF?!?!?!

Look, I know we are far apart and all, but if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.

Thoughts are with you, buddy

Nothing illegal and since they are willing to refund all of our money, no basis for a lawsuit.  It's not entirely their fault as the city wouldn't issue a building permit.  The developer and the city are mad at each other so the city is imposing draconian building codes which essentially makes the house we chose impossible to build.  The builder has two other customers besides us in the same boat.  They are getting pressure from their bank for repayment of loans and they can't build houses to make the money to pay it.  So they are bailing out.  Totally sucks for us as we just got caught in the middle of a pissing match (IMO).

They do have some inventory homes already built and they will let us have one of them for the same price but they don't have all the features we wanted so we don't know if we want to do it or not.  We'll have to go look at them this weekend.

It will all work itself out I'm sure but we started this process back in February and the amount of emotional investment far out weighs the financial investment.  It was supposed to be my wife's dream house and turned into a nightmare.  But - better to have happen now then later I guess.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 03:04:23 AM »

Man, how can that not be illegal. I will build you a house. Sell your house. I can not build you a house.

I get ya, that isn't how it went down, but still. Seems wrong.

Glad you guys aren't in dire straights, and though ... yes, I was a little blazed when I first went overboard on my initial comment on this  Cheesy I stand by it. Even if you guys, again, are not exactly hurting too badly (other than some emotional stuff, of course). But man, talk about being in a spot.
 Undecided
Hope the wife gets her dream home someplace else.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »

I...I....

..to quote the great bard -Slipknot- "People=shit"

Damn Jeff, this...at the least you haven't been taken of any money, and everyone is healthy and well. Nothing else really helps right now, but damn....damn

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS