HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:45:48 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TwoMorrows sale  (Read 5475 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 26, 2017, 09:02:38 PM »

Hey guys, have to share this and I am sorry this is not much time left (sale ends the 30th I think) but Twomorrows is having a half off sale so you can get the great 70's and 80's comic centric "Back Issue" magazine and/or the also great but Silver/Golden Age centered "Alter Ego" magazine (or hell, any other Twomorrows mag) for half off, while supplies last!!!
(Mags from the past year are not eligible it seems, so Back Issues 89 and later, but you can still find some gems!!)

HERE is the link. Hope you get some of the issues you want!!!

I know I am getting issue #74 (FF in the Bronze Age issue) Sneak Peak HERE
#82 The 80's Events (JLA/Avengers, Secret Wars, etc ...)
#72 The Robot Issue (Metal Men, Vision, Shogun, etc ...)
#66 Team Ups Issue (Two-N-one, DC Comics Presents, etc ...)
#38 Byrnes FF
and a butt load more, I think, if I don't get off the page ... including the Legion (#14) that I have to buy digitally as it is sold out
Man, better practice my "sorry honey"s
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:54:51 PM »

So I ordered my books about two weeks ago and as they mailed them Media Mail (I guess they can do it but our man Jimmy gets in trouble at his P.O  Grin) I was expecting them any day now. I like to give two weeks for things to arrive when mailed Media as I know how I used to frustrate buyers when I kept telling THEM it can take about two weeks sometimes
 Cheesy
So yeah, even though they are located in the state right next to mine, I was giving them two weeks to get here.

Well I just got an email that states they JUST F"n SHIPPED THEM TODAY!!!

TWO DAMN WEEKS TO SHIP MY BOOKS?@!?!?!?1

WTF??

Yes, I have the digital version of them (you get that free when you order the print version) but that is not the point. It should not take two damn weeks to ship out books that you have on hand. Damn it!

I am now awaiting the email in response to the one I just sent them. It better not take two more weeks
 Grin Grin    Undecided    Angry Angry Angry Angry   Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:47:32 PM »

I never have any trouble sending via Media mail.  Must be Jimmy's dumb luck.  Of course there was that time I didn't get around mailing them to that guy for two weeks......

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:55:54 PM »

Yup. Been caught twice. Must be more responsible Post Offices in Wisconsin. :p

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »

Must be more responsible Post Offices in Wisconsin. :p

Cheesy Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »

Yup. Been caught twice. Must be more responsible Post Offices in Wisconsin. :p

Definitely!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »

Of course my Back Issues came the day after I send a semi-nasty e-mail about the shipping delay  Cheesy Cheesy so I need to send another in a better tone.
 Undecided

But I plan on ripping through this, which will, more than likely, hurt my reading for this week but guys, it is the FF. In the Bronze Age!!! What else can I do?
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS