HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:46:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Legacy  (Read 22544 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »

Because nothing else is really doing it for them.

Yep when all they have to do is just put out good comics. About 50 to 60 of them a month. With a price that stays below $4

Are those last two notions really that hard? You can't say you need your comics to be $5 an issue to help pay for all the good art talent you have as contract work, that is for sure.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sadly when they see stuff like the sales charts Diamond just put out, it only makes their stance more stubborn. You can really only blame the people buying the stuff, really. It all boils down to them. It's simple, stop buying $5 books (regardless of the discount you get) and stop ordering ANY of those titles you know damn well are just going to go belly-up in 5 months.
 Undecided

Remember how titles used to be heralded in? They would showcase a character inside another comic for a few months/years until the fervor was so high that he/she/they actually had fan attention and could support their own title. At least for a few years. Now, you just get whatever dumbass idea or character is just laying around pushed into a title.

This is not the heyday 70's when you could throw shit at a wall and see what people ate. Comics are not under 30¢ anymore

EDIT - Again, I like/enjoy/understand taking a chance on a couple titles a year, but when 50 to 70% of your output is titles that are not going anywhere but the cancellation column, SCALE THE FUCK BACK!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:27:26 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

So reading some more from SDCC, it appears that over 30 artifacts and characters are coming back?

Hmm...what will make this Crisis occur? Since they had a chance with a soft reboot with Secret Wars, but didn't do that right, they are doing another 2 years later? Haven't they done nothing but harangue DC about their Crises and brag about how all of Marvel counts?

go ahead guys, just keep walking back all your bad stories. Maybe Captain Marvel won't be a villain, maybe Cap can be the mentor of your universe again, and maybe Cyclops can not be a martyr that you didn't want martyred.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »

Well it appears my desire for the comic shops to start standing up to Marvel has finally started to happen. One shop around here is not ordering the new lanticular covers from Marvel and I have heard there are more.

And Brian Hibbs, one of the most famous Shop Owners (from San Fran) wrote a great write up recently (Found HERE) and BC has another shop owner talk about his ordeal with Marvel HERE (I haven't fully read that one as it is pretty long).

This is great news and I hope more and more shop owners stop allowing Marvel to end their store's limited lifespan early by trying to give them bullshit excuses from their ridiculous greedy practices and tell them to piss off and get back to the way it was.

No set goals to be able to buy shit. No hoops. No limitations. You want it, you order it, you get it, you sell it.

It
is
not
fucking
hard
Marvel
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

And $5.99 for Thor #700 when Thor is still not in the book? WTF? You start this entire Generations thing, and this Legacy talk, telling us ouor heroes are coming back, we get excited about Legacy whatever the dick it's called and then you bait and switch us?
Thor! Legacy!!
Buy Thor #700 for - the hunt for Thor? WTF
No, give us Thor in issue #700 you assess
 Angry
You already lied about the damn numbering anyway to fit your need, Thor #700 is not the number is should be, and now you will not give us Thor back until Thor issue #708 or some shit?

Oh ... excuse me, I forgot Marvel's way. You will not give us back Thor until you end this Legacy Thor title at issue #708, without Thor being in it, and then you will renumber the damn thing Thor #1 (volume 87) the return of Thor

Yeah!! Marvel Legacy!!!!
 Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »

OUCH!  That is one heck of an article.  It sounds like the comics industry is going to go the way of Blockbuster video!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:19 AM »

Damn Perry...that was epic!!!

I got nothing to say but 'I agree.'

Simple as that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS