HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 11:17:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well..its happened again  (Read 3847 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: June 17, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »

I know i've told this story before but here's a recap:

8yrs ago, the company i work for decided to close up shop in MA and move its sales and sales ops team to Arkansas.

They invited me to relocate (paid) and i did.  packed up the wife and kids and moved 2500 miles away from friends and family

Now...they are doing it again.  They had decided to move further south and consolidate in Plano TX.  The AR site i help set up is no longer ours (now occupied by Insight and DXC) and most of the employees have been working from home since March with most only guarenteed employment until the end of the year (some sooner, some later).  Bitter sweet since i hired and managed a bunch of these folks and most were good workers/employees.

They also invited me to relocate...again...which i did.

As of June 1st the Wife and I are now residents of Little Elm, TX

my kids are in college at UofA and already made the trip down so we could all fly back to MA for a family wedding (my flower girl got hitched)

So far so good but we've been traveling so much and the move takes sooo much out of you it only feels like i've been here for a few days.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »

Well good luck to you sir. Happy to hear you at least still have your job. Maybe you will be near Jeff now?
(He says not knowing how close those two cities are and being too tired to look on a map)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:57:30 AM »

Similar thing happened to an old neighbor of mine. She worked from home and submitted all of her work to her superior via email.  Her company then decided that she needed to move to their corporate office in Richmond VA.

When I caught up with her some time ago and asked her how things were going in her new position she told me that she was in the exact same position she was in before.  After being  forced her to sell her home and move to a new state, the only change was instead of hitting the "send" button, she stands up and walks to the end of the hall and hands it to him in person.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 02:30:35 AM »

Wow....not sure I would have that job commitment!!! Way to go, dude!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 02:49:55 AM »

Maybe you will be near Jeff now?
(He says not knowing how close those two cities are and being too tired to look on a map)
 Grin

This would be how close our offices are.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:15 AM »

... the only change was instead of hitting the "send" button, she stands up and walks to the end of the hall and hands it to him in person.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This would be how close our offices are.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
WOW!!!

You guys have to have lunch!!
 Grin

That is crazy.
"Small world" indeed
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »

Thanks all.  It really was perfect timing actually...Both the wife and i were done with Arkansas and were ready for a change and i'm too old/lazy to look for a new job when i actually like what I'm doing most of the time.

Lunch sounds like a good plan once i get settled a bit more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS