HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:11:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DARK DAYS  (Read 11690 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 16, 2017, 10:45:07 AM »

A couple questions about Dark Days the Forge ...
(And Jeff, you should not read the spoilers if you are going to read the book)
Wink

I am not sure, as I did not read a lot of DC52 stuff, but
is this the first time that Plastic Man has been shown in this incarnation of the DCU? And related ...  Grin that was him in Batman's "Lunar Base", yeah?

And
the Outsiders!!!???!! Did I miss them (or more than likely, drugged and old as I am, forget that they have appeared already)? And if Katana was in that group, was she also in the Suicide Squad? And if so, why the difference in look? And ... so many questions.

And
the Joker writing all those numbers in that secret room in the Batcave ... any clues yet? Should I know what that is about?

I know some questions are suppose to be here, like the numbers thing and... well ... other stuff, sure, but are these things I should have known?

And hey Batman,
when you bust through a volcano wall full of lava to save someone inside a room, even though you are in a suit that protects you, the lava will still follow you in, killing everyone inside said room that you were attempting to save.
Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »

Do I need to be caught up with my other DC or can I read it as it's own story?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 11:37:53 AM »

You can read it on its own merits.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »

You can read this alone, for sure. It is like Rebirth #1 in style ... in a way. Nowhere near as powerful, yet, but it is similar to that in that it has lots of teases.
 Cheesy
(Not as many, of course)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

Perfect - then I'll read it in "real time" with you guys!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 08:32:35 PM »

I am not sure, as I did not read a lot of DC52 stuff, but
is this the first time that Plastic Man has been shown in this incarnation of the DCU? And related ...  Grin that was him in Batman's "Lunar Base", yeah?

Okay, I just wanted to make sure I was reading the same thing. I agree, that's how I read it Perry. As far as I know, yeah, that's the first.

And
the Outsiders!!!???!! Did I miss them (or more than likely, drugged and old as I am, forget that they have appeared already)? And if Katana was in that group, was she also in the Suicide Squad? And if so, why the difference in look? And ... so many questions.

For what I believe to be true, this is using more of the folding of pre-New52 timeline back into the Rebirth fold.

And
the Joker writing all those numbers in that secret room in the Batcave ... any clues yet? Should I know what that is about?

For this, I have no answers for you. You read more Batman than I do.  Wink

And hey Batman,
when you bust through a volcano wall full of lava to save someone inside a room, even though you are in a suit that protects you, the lava will still follow you in, killing everyone inside said room that you were attempting to save.
Cheesy

He's the ***-****BATMAN, Perry!!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:44:06 PM »

My own thoughts....

...what a great set up to a company event!! I have questions, I'm curious, and I'm fanboying about the twist in elements and mythos of the DC history! (and before I get flak, I did love Hickman's build up to Secret Wars, and building to Secret Empire is good too!)

...and, my big and!!
DO I GET MY HAWKMAN BACK!!??!!??

Now, I realize nobody else read the Death of Hawkman but SPOILERS
Katar Hol died

But, this was Carter Hall writing/speaking!! Do I get my proper Hawkman back on earth? My Hawkman that lives with the memories of generations of past lives and loves? Oh please say yes, make it so!!!

...Batman does not seem to be like his pre-Flashpoint dick self. I like that presentation

...and
Good lord, I want to know about this 3 Jokers thing!! To me, that caged Joker looks like either Snyder's,
 or Morrison's Joker....although, that may just be the same guy.

...not too mention it, but
How the hell did Batman get the Anti-Monitor's tower into this secret room in the Fortress?! LMAO. Imagine that conversation. "Superman, I need a secret room, away from me, in your fortress, and I want you to promise me to never look."

'Sure, Bruce, I promise. You need it the size of a Manhattan closet, utility shed, serving room at Ponderosa?'

" I need 1700 ft up, and a circumference of 2400 yards."

'...what the fuck, Bruce?!'

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 11:24:21 AM »

You don't have to place clauses on your feelings for me, Jimmy. It is fine to praise a well executed book
 Smiley

And as for your first spoiler line ---
Man I hope so! You and me both loved the Johns Hawkman book back from 2002 (my god, 15 years ago?  Shocked) so I think you and I have a similar "taste" for our bird winged Thanagarian and I sure wish your desire will be answered in the positive. Been waiting for it. That last book was just horrendous.

It seems like it has a chance at least.

For your second spoiler section ---
At first I hated the 3 Joker idea, but that was typical "fan hatred of change" I think. You know, we want new and exciting stories for our heroes and villains but DON"T YOU CHANGE A FUCKING THING WRITERS!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy
Now, I think I at least want to know what the hell is up with the Idea Snyder has, as long as he doesn't bring too much "time" in the story that places questions in relation to Bruce's age

and finally ---

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA
Right??
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »

Ok I read the Forge then came back to look at your spoilers and your posts created questions.

First....
wait...what....that was Plastic Man?  I need to go back and look at that again.   Shocked

And second....
I have no idea what you guys are talking about in regards to the three Jokers thing.  Did I just accidentally get spoiled on something in the All Star Batman book?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 12:54:10 AM »

Ok I read the Forge then came back to look at your spoilers and your posts created questions.

First....
wait...what....that was Plastic Man?  I need to go back and look at that again.   Shocked

And second....
I have no idea what you guys are talking about in regards to the three Jokers thing.  Did I just accidentally get spoiled on something in the All Star Batman book?

No ...  Grin ... In DC Rebirth (the one shot) it was shown
that Batman has discovered that there were actually three Jokers, not just one
You read it, you just forgot.
 Grin

They have yet to go further with it though, but no, you're fine, no spoilers by accident.
 Smiley

And yes,
that was Plastic Man in the shape of a . .. football thingy

EDIT - what didn't help you is I said "Snyder" and it was actually Johns.
 Undecided
My bad
 Grin
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:57:25 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »

First....
wait...what....that was Plastic Man?  I need to go back and look at that again.   Shocked

And second....
I have no idea what you guys are talking about in regards to the three Jokers thing.  Did I just accidentally get spoiled on something in the All Star Batman book?

Grin

Actually, this went further back to the Justice League arc of 'Darkseid War' when Batman sat on Metron's Moebius chair. That's when he found out.

BOOM! Knowledged!  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »

First....

And second....

Grin

Actually, this went further back to the Justice League arc of 'Darkseid War' when Batman sat on Metron's Moebius chair. That's when he found out.

BOOM! Knowledged!  Cool

True, but WE were not aware of what HE found out until later.

All we found out was his feeling of "this can't be true"
(quotes used very incorrectly as I am not sure how he said it so I shouldn't quote him)

REVERSE BOOM! For lack of absolute clarity.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 01:30:40 AM »

Wow.  I must have blocked that out because I did read that book and it doesn't ring a bell at all.  Comic Book Alzheimer's is the worst!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 01:41:14 AM »

I did have to get up off my duff and go downstairs and check out the Part 2 trade. Bats is talking with Hal in the Batcave and states at that point '3 Jokers'.

I knew it came up again during Rebirth, but I was suddenly doubting myself.

EDIT: Let's also not forget that it was in those epilogue pages of 'Darkseid War' that it was revealed or fleshed out that Diana has a twin brother!! Still not sure I how I feel about that at all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »

Well cool.
Glad I didn't get too cocky with my stance
 Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS