HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:02:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Who would you like to see become Captain America if Steve Rogers gets killed off?
Bucky Barnes
Sam Wilson
Sharon Carter
No one
Someone else

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Rogers Replacement Poll  (Read 4666 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »

As hype for the new Avengers films continues to trickle in, the demise of certain characters remains a point of discussion.  Fulfillment of Evans's contract coupled with his character's comic history of numerous replacements has led many to speculate that Cap may not live through the films and will be replaced, possibly by an established character in the MCU.  Who would you like to see assume the mantle of Captain America?

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

Thought about including Tony or Rhodie as an "Iron Patriot" candidate but decided that may not really count as being a true Cap replacement.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:27:45 PM »

I missed this when you posted it.

I'd go for Bucky.  He's the best choice.  But I bet they pick Sam.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:40 PM »

I guess it comes down to Cap With Guns, Cap With Wings, or Cap With .... um.... Lips sealed 

Anyway... I thought I'd throw Sharon's name into the hat.  I think it would be a fun and interesting idea, but I guess that it would basically just give us a Black Widow and a Red-White-&-Blue Widow.

Or we could have Groot become American Elm.... (okay, shoulda stopped when I was ahead.. Roll Eyes)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »

Did I not vote?
I thought I did?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

Sam's my pick.

One of my gripes with Cap 2 was the lack of Wilson. (And not just the ball from Cast Away, but Sam Wilson as well... *pause for non-laughter*) We haven't really gotten to know him in the movie universe so it gives me doubts he'll take over.

I just find Winter Soldier related stuff to be overrated. I dig the origin story, just not much after that - I realize I'm in the minority there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS