HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:06:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 34290 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 02:49:30 AM »

I didn't mind watching that. Smiley

I, too, hate the extreme haters (this isn't MY Star Wars!), but I also don't agree with those that believe in burning it all down to build it back to something new so it grows.

I'm curious if anyone thinks me a hater on this. Wink

I would hope everyone caught on to the theme that everyone is a failure, but it's how you respond to that is important.

Luke is still, and always will be, my hero. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 12:12:38 PM »

I certainly don't. Just because you are not as much a fan as me (or others) doesn't make you a "hater". Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »

a hater?  certainly not.  a HATA'....maybe. Grin

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2017, 04:44:36 AM »

Reading Jedicow's comments about Rey reminded me of something

While watching the part where Rey confronts the dark side on the island, I found it interesting that when she sought her parents she saw herself.  Yes, I know the same thing happened with Luke on ESB, but she didn't just see herself.  She saw lots of copies of herself.  Clones?  I certainly hope not. I just remember thinking of that. I think the notion that her parents are nobody special is the right choice and I hope the writers stick with that.   

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »

While watching the part where Rey confronts the dark side on the island, I found it interesting that when she sought her parents she saw herself.  Yes, I know the same thing happened with Luke on ESB, but she didn't just see herself.  She saw lots of copies of herself.  Clones?  I certainly hope not.  

Well THATS a scary as hell thought, my man.
 Shocked

Good catch/idea, but crap. Now I have to worry about that for two years.  Grin

. I think the notion that her parents are nobody special is the right choice and I hope the writers stick with that.   

And I as well !!! Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 05:40:25 PM »

Went again and saw it with my sister yesterday and I still love the movie.  A couple of new observations, some general and some specific.

1)  First of all, I was feeling nostalgic and watched Empire Strikes Back over the weekend.  Y'know to be honest, Hamill,  Fisher, and Ford are much better actors now than when they were back then.  Maybe it's because I've grown up along with them, but I really like their older characters as they are now as much as I did their younger versions back then.  Maybe more.

2)  I get a kick out of being able to hear little traces of Joker in Hamil's seasoned voice now that aren't there in 1980s Luke.

3) 
Noticed a couple of things with Luke and Kylo's climatic duel near the end.  On first viewing, I suspected something was up when Luke appeared at the mine with his hair and beard shorter and darker.  On second viewing yesterday, I also noticed that the camera zoomed in at least once for a close-up of Kylo's boot scraping the white salt from the red surface as he solidified his footing, but Luke's foot moved over the surface and the white salt remained undisturbed.  Also, he wielded a blue lightsaber.  Luke has a green lightsaber (seen only in flashbacks in this film) and Anakin's blue one was split in half on the Falcon. 

4) 
Weak males, strong females.  Didn't quite see it as much the first viewing as I did this time 'round.

Leia and Holdo were strong, patient, intelligent leaders who managed to save "the spark" of the Rebellion despite Damorn's recklessness and insubordination getting most of the surviving resistance killed.   

Rose was the plucky engineer who not only prevented the impulsive and constantly distracted Finn from abandoning ship, but continued to keep him on-task and pull his fat out of the fire throughout the movie, even saving him from himself near the end.  All this while rescuing animals and instilling hope in children along the way.

And then there's Rey.  So sweet and innocent, yet so powerful that she scares the hell out of a sulking Luke, a conflicted Kylo, and an overconfident Snoke.

Not trying to make a commentary, just an observation.  Your mileage may vary, as they say, so I'll leave any subjective commentary, positive or negative or otherwise, to the individual audience member.  Undecided

5)  Pay close attention to the cast in the end credits.  A prominent actor had an extra role.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:00 AM »

5)  Pay close attention to the cast in the end credits.  A prominent actor had an extra role.

Without truly know of whom you speak ...

Grin

I hear that Prince Harry and William were the two troopers that .... crap ... I forgot which scene now. I think in the elevator scene .... no, no ... I think they were the two troopers that took the three "heroes" away after getting busted trying to break the security on the ship. I think Tom Hardy was in that scene as well
 Cheesy
There are also a lot more famous people in Star Wars outfits, including more Stormtroopers, that really just wanted to say they were in a SW movie
 Cool

Not sure who got a credited scene though ... spill, man, spill
 Smiley

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 02:47:45 AM »

5)  Pay close attention to the cast in the end credits.  A prominent actor had an extra role.

Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »

Smiley

Ahhhhh
 Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS