HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:25:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AQUAMAN?  (Read 13176 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 18, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

As bad as (most) of the Inhuman costumes looked, Mera looks fantastic!!!!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/18/amber-heards-mera-costume-looks-straight-comics/

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »

Sweet!  Looks amazing!   And the costumes not bad either.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »

Just a thought ...

After the flop that was Justice League, this Aquaman movie already had the pressure of having the future of DC's cinema 'expanded' universe in its hand, being the next one to hit. But with Black Panther blowing the hell up and Infinity War being, IMHO, the best comic movie yet (even if it is only part one and I have yet to see Black Panther), Aquaman now has THAT to compete with. Marvel reviews. And I use the word compete because even though Marvel and DC are totally different and should be able to stand as their own entity, they will ALWAYS be compared to each other, especially in this movie world. I don't think of it as DC vs Marvel, but many do. Right or wrong, they do. I guess I am too ... for this bit at the very least
 Grin

Another thing to think about is how well, or the opposite of that actually, "water movies" seem to do in the box office or at least to fans. I think the most successful, for me, would be The Abyss, but my brain can't think of too many more right now but my memory says ... or maybe it is just me ... but It just seems that most under water movies don't rise to the level of their above sea counterparts, unless there is a shark involved. I do so hope that changes with Aquaman, as much as I hope THIS Aquaman is not a DAMN SURFER WANNA BE  Angry Angry Angry  but man, back to the point, Aquaman has a ton of pressure on it. Not just water pressure.

DC still have Shazam coming, but ... is he going to be shown to be in the DC movie universe proper? I don't know. Maybe, so if he is they still have that in the chamber, though I would have to think that his sales will be hurt by movie goers if yet another DC movie goes bad with Aquaman. I and everyone here I am sure are going to see both, maybe not in the theaters on opening day of course *cough, cough*, but "we" are not everyone.

And yes, they always have Wonder Woman and they may just have to start over using her as the focal point IE: Iron Man if this one does poorly. Think about that. You have Batman, one of the most popular characters in the world and you may have to start over with a different character. A character deserving of it, don't get me wrong. She is one of the trilogy lest we forget, but come on ... she is no Batman. And maybe that is a good thing.

Pressure.

Yep.

EDIT - And I just remembered WHEN Aquaman is hitting theaters. Is this just another example of why DC struggles? Opening a movie based on an ocean hero in freaking December? Really? Just think of all the little kids on the coasts wanting to go out and pretend to be the hero Aquaman in the snow. Right now, kids can run outside and pretend to be Dr. Strange (because most kids are like me, yeah?  Cheesy) but with Aquaman, wouldn't have been better to play the movie in the summer? When kids can actually go to the beach and play like they are the king himself?

Yes, that is a miniscule aspect to think about, but yeah, it is the small stuff that add up.
 Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:21:54 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »

Another thing to think about is how well, or the opposite of that actually, "water movies" seem to do in the box office or at least to fans. I think the most successful, for me, would be The Abyss, but my brain can't think of too many more right now but my memory says ... or maybe it is just me ... but It just seems that most under water movies don't rise to the level of their above sea counterparts....

Your forgetting all about The Little Mermaid!

Oh, I guess I just made your point.... Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »

Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:54:47 AM »

Well, if the trailer is any indication, perhaps this will be the next DC movie that brings the people to the seats after all. Why? Because I have loved pretty much every single one of DC's trailers in the past and was stricken down by the end product, so maybe the reverse will happen here?

This. Does. NOT. Look. Good.

Don't get me wrong, looks very, very "cool" in parts, but structurally ... hmmmmm

Shouldn't have let Momoa narrate for one thing  Wink and hey, why do all DC characters have to cross their arms in front of them before firing their eye lasers? Didn't Supes (and Zod in a different movie) do the same thing? Maybe not, but ... yeah, I could have sworn they did.
 Wink

Anyway, incase you haven't seen it yet -

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »

I won't lie; the trailer felt disjointed by what it wanted to put out; 'hey, this movie is cool!!! come watch!!'

That said, I still have hope that the movie keeps traveling through all the correct paces in the route to a cool movie!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »

Trailer does look goid.  And Momoa will pack the ladies into the theater.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 12:41:48 AM »

i know it's in spanish, but........

https://youtu.be/-ZmGpTuysKI

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 12:55:41 AM »

Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »

i know it's in spanish, but........

https://youtu.be/-ZmGpTuysKI

THAT.....IS......HILARIOUS!!!

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

Wow, that looks pretty cool.  I'm definitely in.

From the trailer, it looks like it has the same basic story beats as the DCAU movie JL: Throne of Atlantis from a few years ago.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 10:27:18 PM »

Trailor number 2 is out..

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:59 AM »

my daughter and I went to see it last night with the Amazon Prime advance screening.

all I will say for now is this:

It's much better than an Aquaman movie has any business being.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 06:03:55 PM »

Can't wait for this ... to hit HBO
 Smiley
(Okay, or Redbox)
 Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS