HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:08:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THE INHUMANS  (Read 12327 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« on: May 12, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/inhumans/260017/the-inhumans-first-look-at-cast-teaser-released

I guess there has been some online angst generated over the costumes.  Undecided

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »

And I understand why.
However, I also know that after you darken those things up, when filmed, they will look different. Hopefully a lot different.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »

Medusa's hair looks terrible. I hope that gets cleaned up.

I remember not liking the early pictures of Flash when they came out but when the show hit the air it worked well.  I'll hold true judgement for when it airs.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »

Medusa's hair looks terrible. I hope that gets cleaned up.

Oh it is even worse in action.

You guys should know I really dig me some Royal Family, but this show looks horrible. Down right cheaper than Sy-Fy bad.

Take a look and see ... and yeah, sorry in advance.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:08:04 AM »

Oh man. That is not good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 05:42:09 AM »

Undecided

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »

Ouch.  They say it's worse than Iron Fist.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/04/marvel-inhumans-first-reaction/

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Im'freaking'possible

(Well, it does have more "special effects", or more failed effects, so yeah, I can see it.)
 Angry

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 02:10:58 AM »

so......i guess i'm the only one going to see it at the IMAX tomorrow? Huh

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 02:38:00 AM »

Lol.  Could be.  I have daughter commitments this weekend.  She's getting her first horse and it arrives tomorrow.  She has no idea this is happening.

Report back what you think.  I'm anxious to hear the verdict.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »

I am going to get my teeth ground all the way down to my gums, without Novocain and then have my wife push bamboo under all my nails or otherwise I would go.
 Wink

I have no desire to see this in Imax and in-fact, may only watch it on my DVR during the most boring of days.

I don't think I could be less excited about a comic property after being so high about hearing of it initially
 Undecided Cry Embarrassed Angry Cry

I sure hope you can report back that it was, at least, decent
 Undecided   

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »

According to Peter Davids review it a pretty good superhero show and a lot of people concerns are resolved early in the show.
Medusa has her head shaved during the coup

doubt i will pay money for this but will watch it when it is on ABC.

still apprehensive but willing to give it a fair shot
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:03 AM »

Smiley
Without reading your spoiler tag, I am certainly gonna give it a fair shake, but my hopes for a better show than AoS has pretty much been shattered. Hoping there is plenty of glue so it still comes out on top, but those trailers ...
 Undecided*shiver* Lips sealed
THOSE TRAILERS!!!!
 Shocked

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 03:41:45 AM »

Lol.  Could be.  I have daughter commitments this weekend.  She's getting her first horse and it arrives tomorrow.  She has no idea this is happening.

good luck with that,Jeff and don't tell either one of my kids that you're doing that. Grin Wink

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 03:50:32 AM »

so i went tonight and i have to say that i actually kinda enjoyed it.  it did have it's moments however...

there is an Inhuman whose power is to replay someone's memories (or maybe just the past, it's never really explained) but he has giants bug eyes and the visions are beamed out of them just like an old projector. 

also...

Karnak's powers are shown as...i don't know how to phrase this really...but with CGI effects reminiscent of Dr.Strange's sorcery.  That in itself is actually kinda cool because it's like he sees all the possibilities of what can happen and find the weak points in the opponents or in a situation.  So, halfway through, he gets transported to Earth and has to climb down a cliff face.  He makes a misstep and falls.  What th--?  and then to further compound it, when he wakes up, they show his powers helping him figure out east vs. west vs. south and north and even where to step to walk along the jungle floor.  HUH?  If that's how his power works, how did he make the misstep to fall in the first place? 

those two things aside, i really enjoyed Karnak and Gorgon and their interaction with each other.  Lockjaw was really cool and I actually liked Anson Mount's BlackBolt.  Medusa's hair effects were't all that bad, either, i thought.

I'm looking forward to the show a little bit more now.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS