HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:51:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man... it's been awhile  (Read 5387 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »

Hey guys.  Dropped back in to see what everyone's been up to.  Didn't realize it had been about 5 1/2 years since I was last on here.  Been away for a while.  Actually, quite astounded to see that my profile was still here.  Nice to see some familiar folks on here still posting.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Will dust off my profile and post more when I get the chance.

Mitch

(In case you're wondering Who the heck is this guy?, I was a semi-regular on here in the mid-to-late 2000s.  Initially went by Iceman early on.  Not the most prolific poster, but checked in most of the time for a post or two.)

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »

I certainly remember you, "Iceman"

Glad to know you are still alive  Smiley!!!! Hope to talk with ya soon!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »

welcome back
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »

I remember you too!  Can't wait to see what you have to say about things thise days!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »

Thanks. 

Well, I still follow all of the comic-related movies and some of the TV shows, as well as the typical superhero/sci-fi/fantasy stuff, but I've pretty much stopped reading comic books.  I think the last thing I bought was Court of Owls.  Gave away my trades and hardcovers to two of my college-age cousins several years ago (instantly conferring upon me the title of Coolest Cousin For All Time) but kept a couple for myself.  Still kept the monthly ones though, like my dad's Marvel comics from the sixties.

Anyway, it's been a really rough 5-6 years, and I guess I've just been feeling a little nostalgic for simpler times.  I miss driving home from the newest Marvel or Star Wars movie and going straight to HeroRealm.com to read the posts.  Really don't have any friends or workmates with whom I can discuss middle-aged nerd culture.  Cheesy

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »

I did a similar hiatus from comic books back in the '90's.  Was too busy being single and out on my own for the first time.    Oddly enough it was the Bishop series that brought me back and now that everything is digital it's so easy to get comics.  Of course, now that the comic book movies and TV shows are all mainstream I've become the defacto expert on all things for all of my friends who thought I was just a big nerd.   Cheesy

Right now, the stuff at Image and Valiant are what keep me excited about comics.  I still read stuff from the big two that I enjoy but it's the little two that have the best stuff for my age and tastes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

Mitch aka Iceman actually really just Mitch!

Hiya man. I sure do remember you. Even the avatar you had of Iceman in shades with a downward look. I don't forget.

I too was gone from HR for more than a number of years. Just read comics on my own, had some friends to share books with, but no one to really argue with, so I found Perry again. HA!

Now, my friends are all over, and I want my small community of nerd stuff. So, I too returned, and talk as much as I can, when I can, now that I have a 13 month old.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »

....  but no one to really argue with, so I found Perry again. HA!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Smiley Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 12:35:18 AM »

I can't say that I remember you, Mitch but then again, I can't say that I remember what I had for breakfast this morning either, so......

that being said, I too, was a member of some standing back in the day who let my membership to the realm lapse with the duties of being a working dad.  I started lurking back around here sometime in the past 3 years or so?  maybe 4?  but it's always good to have another person to discuss my nerd stuff with because my wife and kids sure don't share my passion. Grin

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »

I just thinking back to when I first joined HeroRealm about 13-14 years ago (wow).  Way back before the site was just the message board, when it had reviews and stuff.  ...And Perry was ptsteelers...

Anyway, I remember that my TPB copy of Batman Hush had a quote from a HeroRealm review on the back cover.  Any of you write it or remember who did?  I can't recall.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »

It's possibly me or Alex Hamby's

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »

Yeah, I think it was you.  I remember thinking at the time, "Hey, that's cool that I kinda know the guy that wrote that."
 Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS