HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:13:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DARK TOWER  (Read 10805 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 03, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »

I so wanted this to be a television series, as I thought they could go so much deeper into the novels compared to major motion pictures, but I am still excited that both my man Elba is playing Roland and McConahughey is the Man in Black and that this looks FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

I dont....like adaptations....

I know it's not directly from the novels...but, I shall see.

King movies are either great (Shawshank, Green Mile) or steaming piles of crap (Dreamcatcher).

Dreamcatcher was also an 'adapation' and the aforementioned 2 were 'based on' so, ...I'm just using errata lines so I can sit here and 'harrumph!'

I love these novels, is why.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

The great adaption is a rare thing. It can happen though. Rarely with King  Grin Cheesy, but it can. (I also loved the Mist)

Of course King hated one of my favorite Adaptions in Kubricks take on The Shining. King thought that was garbage, and book wise, it was, but so much better ending for me. But of course books are always (or at least 99% of the time) better, as we can individualize them. Plus they have so much more room to grow characters and include stuff but sometimes the adaptions can work.

But yes, this has a good chance of being one of three things

1 - Another Misery where the changes or cuts still allowed the film to shine to a resounding 99% "success"
2 - Another Needful Things where story was still there, but was hurt by the cut down on time and emotion to a 55% "okay"
3 - Another Salem's Lot were they just couldn't capture anything right and it became a 18% "yuk"

Still have hopes for this one so crossing my fingers
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »

i actually read where there IS going to be a TV series after the movie comes out and it will be a continuation of the movie or maybe even a bridge to a sequel. 

The trailer does look bad ass though.  It would appear that Mr.King is having a renaissance of sorts this year with this movie, IT and there is also a The Mist series starting this summer.  Also a show based on Mr.Mercedes (which I haven't read yet!  go figure, Perry Grin)

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »

did you ever go see this,Perry?  or anyone else for that matter.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »

Oh, I couldn't. All I heard was how bad it was. And an hour and a half? Pfft.

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

Oh, I couldn't. All I heard was how bad it was. And an hour and a half? Pfft.

you were one of the lucky ones.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »

Same here. Could not go and support this typical "action" based movie.

Why dear lord? why do companies or people continue to take something that works, that everyone has shown to love, and twist and turn it to something totally different from the original thing that everyone was happy with. Why not, especially in comics where all they represent is a free storyboard, let the thing be the thing that people love.

Stop changing the core of the franchise.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS