HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:36:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: roku  (Read 2978 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: April 13, 2017, 01:51:13 AM »

do any of my fellow realmers have a Roku?  i have a chance to get a free one or a ninja blender (thanks to be a loyal employee of 20 years!) and i'm not sure which one to go for.  I don't know a lot about the roku though.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »

I have a Roku, jedicow.  What would you like to know?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

And I have the Ninja Blender w/Food Processor so I can cover ya there
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »

well, i'm really just trying to decide if i will get much use out of it.  I have Directv and access to Netflix so i guess what I need to know is: will i get a lot more out of it that i am not getting out of the other 2.  I don't plan on getting rid of either the Directv or Netflix.  What are the pros and cons of it?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

We originally got it for the Dove app - kid friendly only TV shows and Movies.  Made it easy to let the kiddo watch what she wanted unattended.  We dropped that service as Hannah is old enough to know the difference between age appropriate shows and not age appropriate shows now and I can trust her choices on Netflix.  So we don't use it that much since both my TV, my PS4, and my Apple TV all have the Netflix app.

I think it's true value comes up if you cut the cord which we have not  (I'm a 17 year DirecTV customer myself).  If you do that and subscribe to their Sling service then your getting a lot if value.  I have a friend who just did that and she get's pretty much all the stations she watched on cable on Sling for $25 a month.  I like the Roku and it's fun to play around with but not a must have if you have other devices with apps.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 03:48:22 AM »

that's kinda where my thinking was.  I have been at my job for 20 years and they gave us a list of gifts to choose from and the roku was one of them so thanks for the help.  it's not like i have enough time to watch all the shows i want to watch anyway.  Blender it is!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS