HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 08:08:01 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - April 19, 2017  (Read 8075 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 12:59:23 AM »

Also Green Valley #7, glad I'm reading it, but it really was not anything I thought it was going to be.

Is it a must read?

I feel ....no.

That's not calling it bad, at all!! But if you have so many other really, truly, great and very good reads, I have a hard time saying 'oh yeah, put this in there ahead of this or that.'

I'll call it really, really okay. Nothing regrettable, but nothing I talk about until the cows come home.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:22 AM »

Black Hammer...no...not yet. ... Embarrassed

But I haven't read much of anything again!! That reading list I posted was for the prior 4 weeks!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 03:08:41 AM »

Also Think I am going to jump into the Eternal Warrior with his upcoming title. I tried the last one, the one you just finished, and while it was fine, it didn't wow me enough to keep me pulled in and I dropped it after issue #2 or so.

And man I still gotta read Rai
 Angry

How you liking Spider-Man (Miles)?

Eternal Warrior I'm still two issues away from finishing (or is it one?) but the Labyrinth storyline was intriguing.  Not a must read series and had some definite issues early on but I think it's wrapping on a high note.

Yes. You gotta read RAI!

I'm liking Miles Spider-Man.  It reads like Ultimate Spider-man did which is high praise.  I can't believe Goldballs is in this series but then again, how could he not be!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »

Also Green Valley #7, glad I'm reading it, but it really was not anything I thought it was going to be.

Is it a must read?

I feel ....no.

That's not calling it bad, at all!! But if you have so many other really, truly, great and very good reads, I have a hard time saying 'oh yeah, put this in there ahead of this or that.'

I'll call it really, really okay. Nothing regrettable, but nothing I talk about until the cows come home.

I agree. I know ... or I think, at least ... that Jimmy was looking forward to the "Fantasy" aspect of the book and I was really digging it as well, but while the "surprises" were okay, the series, since around issue 3 (for me), hasn't been very engaging. I really started to get a good feel for the characters early on. They were well done and I was enjoying them, but then the "twists" became more important than the characters themselves, to me, and it just kinda went of the rails in my eyes. That is my issue with it I am sure Jimmy has his issues as well.

I will still finish it, as I am interested in where it goes, and the story is not garbage (really) but I would certainly wait and see if you can get it collected digitally for $5 or $6 bucks instead of jumping on anytime soon. Paying even half price would be too much, I think.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »

Paying even half price would be too much, I think.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll wait on it since I have so many others on my list to get to.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »

I was able to knock out one more last night, another mini that was good enough to go in my read when completed file and maybe even good enough to read monthly, depending on my pile the week it hits. So yeah, probably not monthly.
 Cheesy

Plastic #1 - About an ex- black ops guy with a mental problem. He is uber violent when pressed (or not at times  Cheesy) and will do anything to protect his true love ... a blow up sex doll. And when someone threatens her? Watch out. Certainly not for everyone, but I dug it. It borders the line of being a dark comedy and high violent action book. Kinda like being in the meeting room when the go over the storyboards of a Tarantino film
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS