HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:13:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - April 5, 2017  (Read 4765 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 05, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »

First off, the ones I didn't get to last week that I really do want to hit this time around. I mean, I didn't get them, but it doesn't mean I like them less then the ones I did get trough, I really do want to read these puppies  Smiley -

Green Lantern/Space Ghost Special #1
Adam Strange/Future Quest Special #1
Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Special #1

Mighty Thor #17

X-O Manowar #1
Copperhead #11
American Gods #1

Then, for this week (or from weeks past) -

Batman #20
Nightwing #18 (yes, I'm back after that villain appearance)
Superman #20
Deathstroke #16
Flintstones #10

Avengers #6
Iron Fist #2 (Issue #1 was pretty good)
Nova #5
Royals #2
X-Men Gold #1
Champions #6
Champions #7
Captain America (Steve) #13
Captain America (Steve) #14
Captain America (Steve) #15

Aliens: Defiance #10
Divinity III Stalinverse #2
Divinity III Stalinverse #3
Divinity III Stalinverse #4
- Wrapped up a little too quickly, but an enjoyable mini. A Perry Must Read Series (I-III that is)
Redline #1
Hadrians Wall #5
Kill or Be Killed #6
Kill or Be Killed #7
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #1 - One of the first books I read when I was a young lad was a Hardy Boys Mystery. The Clock Tower I believe was the name. I was even young enough to watch the Hardy Boys tv show (Parker Stevenson and Sean Cassidy) when it aired back in the day. Now I am not a fan of Dynamite comics, usually, but I have to at least give this a shot for old times sake as I hear it is pretty well done.
 Smiley

(And yeah, I'm not getting through all of these, but I need to keep the ones I am trying to read listed or I will forget)
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:18:21 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:30 PM »

The kid is off to camp with her class for three days!!  Hoping that translates into lots of reading for Jeff.   Grin

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Uncanny X-Men 11
Captain Marvel 6
Invincible Iron Man 11
Civil War II:  X-Men 2
Civil War II:  Kingpin 1
Captain America: Sam Wilson 11
Civil War II:  Ulysses 2
Deadpool 15
Civil War II:  Gods of War 2
Civil War II:  Amazing Spider-Man 2
Civil War II 3

COMIXOLOGY
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962
Quantum and Woody   Vol. 4: Quantum and Woody Must Die!
4001 A.D.   #1
4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar   #1
Ninjak #15
Rai    #13
Valiant: 4001 A.D. FCBD Special   #1
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior   #7
X-O Manowar 2016 Annual   
Bloodshot Reborn   #13

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Starting decent enough ...

Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Special #1 - Liked this better than I thought I would. Snagglepuss back-up has me excited for that series.

Mighty Thor #17

X-O Manowar #1
Copperhead #11
American Gods #1

Then, for this week (or from weeks past) -

Batman #20 - Enjoying this. It's not Batman, at all, but I enjoy this book featuring a guy in a Batman costume
Nightwing #18
Superman #20
Deathstroke #16
Flintstones #10

Avengers #6
Iron Fist #2
Nova #5
Royals #1
X-Men Gold #1
- Lots of thoughts on this one  Undecided
Champions #6
Champions #7
Uncanny Avengers #22

- Wrapped up a little too quickly, but an enjoyable mini. A Perry Must Read Series (I-III that is)
Redline #1 - Not for me
Motor Girl #5 - Good, but just like other Moore stuff, you have to be patient.
Reborn #5 - I don't get the love for this title. Sorry, Jeff. This is one we just disagree on. But it happens  Grin
Comic Book History of Comics #1 (of 6) 1898-1938 - 'Birth of a New Medium' - Me like this, me do
Comic Book History of Comics #2 1938-1942 - 'Enter the Super-Heroes'
Comic Book History of Comics #3 1942-1947 - 'Our Artists at War'
Comic Book History of Comics #4 1947-1952 - 'Fears and Horrors'
Hadrians Wall #5
Kill or Be Killed #6
Kill or Be Killed #7
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #1

And Jeff reminded me that I still need to read that darn Rai series that I haven't even cracked open yet.
 Undecided
Speaking of, Jeff, I know you were disappointed in the last A&A series, but maybe you will enjoy the new Immortal Brothers title: 'Tales of the Green Knight' that is coming out next week? It looks to be all three Anni-Padda brothers in King Arthurs court with ... well ... I'm gonna give it a try.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:57:32 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »

Reborn #5 - I don't get the love for this title. Sorry, Jeff. This is one we just disagree on. But it happens  Grin

I wouldn't say I "love" it but I don't hate it either.  It's an interesting premise and I'm giving it a little latitude to see what the payoff of the first arc is.  Certainly not a must read...yet.   Cheesy

And Jeff reminded me that I still need to read that darn Rai series that I haven't even cracked open yet.
 Undecided
Speaking of, Jeff, I know you were disappointed in the last A&A series, but maybe you will enjoy the new Immortal Brothers title: 'Tales of the Green Knight' that is coming out next week? It looks to be all three Anni-Padda brothers in King Arthurs court with ... well ... I'm gonna give it a try.
 Smiley

Oh yeah!  I love the Anni-Padda brother team-ups!  This will definitely be on my list!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »

The kid is off to camp with her class for three days!!  Hoping that translates into lots of reading for Jeff.   Grin

Well that translated into zilch, zero, zip.   Cheesy

This was one crazy week.  Monday, carpet repair people came to the house.  Tuesday photographers came to take pictures of the house.  Wednesday the roofers came to put on a new roof. That took two and half days.  The house went up for sale on Thursday morning.  Thursday afternoon was our first showing.  Friday was our second and third showing.  Friday night we got an offer on the house. Saturday we had a fourth ad fifth showing and DirecTV came to fix the dish the roofers broke.  Saturday night went the hockey game.  Sunday finalized the lot that our new house will be built on and agreed on the contract with the people who made the offer Friday night.   Whew! 

Now I have to find a place to live while the new house is being built!

TWO DAYS!  Who sales a house in two days?HuhHuh!!!!  I'm blown away that it sold that fast and the offer was what I listed for.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »

Thinking about moving myself and can only dream that if I do put the house up for sell that it goes that quickly and for the price I want.
We are not in a position to buy a home and pay mortgage on both houses for more than a couple months so we may have to put a clause in the contract with the new one, but a quick sale like you just had would be the answer for sure.
Congrats on that, man. Nice when you can get what you wanted ... although now I know, or at least suspect highly, that this following statement went through your head at least once -

"Man, we should have listed it for more"
 Cheesy

Unlike you however, I had plenty of time to bust through some comics thanks to a boring Sunday and a Dr's appointment that kept me waiting forever this morning. So yeah, neener-neener na-na-nah-nana-nahhhh
 Tongue

Cheesy Grin

Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Special #1

Batman #20
Nightwing #18
Superman #20
Deathstroke #16
Flintstones #10

Mighty Thor #17
Avengers #6
Iron Fist #2
Nova #5
Royals #1
X-Men Gold #1

Champions #6
Champions #7
Uncanny Avengers #22

American Gods #1

Redline #1
Motor Girl #5
Reborn #5
Comic Book History of Comics #1 (of 6) 1898-1938 - 'Birth of a New Medium'
Comic Book History of Comics #3 1942-1947 - 'Our Artists at War'
Comic Book History of Comics #4 1947-1952 - 'Fears and Horrors'
Hadrians Wall #5
Kill or Be Killed #6
Kill or Be Killed #7
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #1 - Good start. Think I will follow this writer to see what comes of it.
X-O Manowar #1 - A really cool start to the new series
Copperhead #11 - Man, I think the lay off hurt this book real bad. The art is okay, though not as enjoyable as Godlewski's, so maybe that was part of this, but I just didn't enjoy this as much this time around. I think this book needs to go into the "collect a bunch and then read a few in a row" (or collected) pile for me. I will try one more issue to make sure, but I fear the "I can't wait for the next issue" feeling is gone for me.  
Embarrassed

Hope to get more in today, but it is going to 83 today so may set up the dog pool and let the pup go wild.
 Grin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:35:32 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »

Cheesy

Yes it did.  But I listed for 10k more than I wanted so I'm not going to get greedy.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »

Cheesy

Yes it did.  But I listed for 10k more than I wanted so I'm not going to get greedy.   Grin

Yeah, don't say I blame ya as that is pretty darn good.
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 02:32:54 AM »

Wow! Great news there Jeff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »

I managed to get some reading in last night.  The Valiant 4001 AD storyline is awesome!

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Uncanny X-Men 11
Captain Marvel 6
Invincible Iron Man 11
Civil War II:  X-Men 2
Civil War II:  Kingpin 1
Captain America: Sam Wilson 11
Civil War II:  Ulysses 2
Deadpool 15
Civil War II:  Gods of War 2
Civil War II:  Amazing Spider-Man 2
Civil War II 3

COMIXOLOGY
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962

Quantum and Woody   Vol. 4: Quantum and Woody Must Die!
4001 A.D.   #1
4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar   #1
Ninjak #15
Rai    #13
Valiant: 4001 A.D. FCBD Special   #1

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior   #7
X-O Manowar 2016 Annual   
Bloodshot Reborn   #13

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »

The Valiant 4001 AD storyline is awesome!

Cool. Glad to hear it. I will be getting to it ... soon ... ish ...
I still have to start Rai.
Man I had been saying that forever and here I am saying it still, months after the title has finished
 Undecided

May just be time for me to call and get the darn things sent over so they will at least be here, whispering my name.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »

The Valiant 4001 AD storyline is awesome!

Cool. Glad to hear it. I will be getting to it ... soon ... ish ...
I still have to start Rai.
Man I had been saying that forever and here I am saying it still, months after the title has finished
 Undecided

May just be time for me to call and get the darn things sent over so they will at least be here, whispering my name.
 Cheesy

Definitely read RAI first.  It all builds up to 4001 AD.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS