HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:47:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thread Posting Question  (Read 3982 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 30, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if "edits" show up in threads as a 'new' post? I can't remember seeing any, but when I post ... say edits in the Weekly Reading list, just so I don't forget what I have read, but DO NOT start a new post on it, does the original show up as 'new' or 'unread' due to that edit?

Just curious?

Thanks
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:51:19 PM »

I don't think it shows up as new since you edited a current post.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »

I don't think it shows up as new since you edited a current post.

That is what I have always assumed until a couple days ago when I seen a post from ... I think Jimmy (or you  Grin) that was edited and it looked like a 'new' post indicator was by the thread and I had already read it once, but it showed as new again.

Maybe it was just me or a flub.

I don't find or read new post by the "read new post" option, I just look at the main threads, so not sure if there is a difference there or not.

Or again, it was just me.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »

Who knows with this thing.  lol. For example, your reply above never showed up as a new post for me.  I just happened to see it.  Dang technology!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »

Cheesy

Hey to sidetrack (and end this thread  Cheesy) I see the final issue of E.V.I.L HEROES came out recently. Did you finish that? Worth the time ... if you did?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

Cheesy

Hey to sidetrack (and end this thread  Cheesy) I see the final issue of E.V.I.L HEROES came out recently. Did you finish that? Worth the time ... if you did?

Lol.  Not yet.  I'm waiting for that issue to drop to $1.99 then I'm going to finish it up.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 02:20:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure that edits do not show up as a new reply post to check out. It's never been that way for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 09:53:33 AM »

Sweet, I will take those two "nay" votes as my answer  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS