HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:18:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - March 29, 2017  (Read 5581 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 29, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »

For me, a great time for a 5th week!! DC doesn't like to ship their regular/rebirth titles on week 5, so that gives me another opportunity to get on top of my DC reading. Now true, they have some of those awesome 'Specials' coming out this week, with their heroes crossing over with Hanna-Barbera, so I will read all those  Grin Cool and they have a couple Vertigo titles hitting (both UNFOLLOW and CLEAN ROOM) as well as KAMANDI CHALLENGE and DKIII #8 that are all going to my "read later" phantom pile, but still a pretty light week from DC.

Heck, a pretty light week all-around actually. Marvel has only 4 titles this week that I classify as read now for me: THANOS, both X-MEN and INHUMAN PRIME one-shots and INFAMOUS IRON MAN ... which I am behind as hell on so I guess I shouldn't call that a "read now"  Cheesy Cheesy

Bottom line ... and to end an already too wordy post  Cheesy, here is what I am looking to knock out (including some from last week and missing a couple that I am sure will try and sneak in  Wink) -

first and foremost -
BOOSTER GOLD/FLINTSTONES SPECIAL #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley and then
Green Lantern/Space Ghost Special #1
Adam Strange/Future Quest Special #1
Suicide Squad/Banana Splits Special #1
Super Sons #2
Action Comics #976
Trinity #7
All-Star Batman #7
All-Star Batman #8
Redhood and the Outlaws #7
Redhood and the Outlaws #8

Thanos #5
X-Men Prime #1
Inhumans Prime #1
Ultimates 2 #7
Mighty Thor #17
Unworthy Thor #5 - Still have to finish reading this as I jumped ahead to find the whisper answer  Cheesy Cheesy

Bloodshot #0
X-O Manowar #1
Copperhead #11
Green Valley #6
Injection #11
Motor Girl #4
American Gods #1

How's about you?
 Smiley

EDIT - Ugh ... just found out that the Green Lantern/Space Ghost special is drawn by Howard Chaykin. While I can respect what he has done for the industry, I have never enjoyed his art style. That one is going to be rough for me to read.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:31:52 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Here's my new list.  Not sure how far I will get as I will be going to FANEXPO DALLAS this weekend to see Mark Hamill, Norman Reedus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Katee Sackoff, and the cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Details here --->  FANEXPO DALLAS

So here is what I'm hoping to read this week!

MARVEL UNLIMITED
(CIVIL WAR II & TIE-INS)
Uncanny Inhumans 9
Uncanny Inhumans 10
Nova 8
International Iron Man 4
Deadpool 14
Civil War II:  X-Men 1
Civil War II:  Ulysses 1
Ultimates 8
The Totally Awesome Hulk 7
Ms. Marvel 8
Civil War II:  Choosing Sides 1
Captain America: Sam Wilson 10

COMIXOLOGY
Kill or Be Killed 6
Mayday 4
Southern Bastards 16
Bloodshot Reborn #10
Bloodshot Reborn #11
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #1
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #5
Ninjak  #14
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #2
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #6
Bloodshot Reborn #12
The Walking Dead #165
Reborn #4
Superman #5
Superman #6
Magnus: Robot Fighter #5
Magnus: Robot Fighter #6
Action Comics #957
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »

BOOM!  Wow, I really out did myself so far this week. I might actually get through all of these this time despite my weekend plans.

MARVEL UNLIMITED
(CIVIL WAR II & TIE-INS)
Uncanny Inhumans 9
Uncanny Inhumans 10
Nova 8
International Iron Man 4
Deadpool 14
Civil War II:  X-Men 1
Civil War II:  Ulysses 1
Ultimates 8
Ms. Marvel 8
Civil War II:  Choosing Sides 1

COMIXOLOGY
Kill or Be Killed 6
Mayday 4
Southern Bastards 16

Bloodshot Reborn #10
Bloodshot Reborn #11
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #1 ...this....was....awful......
Ninjak  #14
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #2 Not even bothering here. Skipping.
Bloodshot Reborn #12
The Walking Dead #165
Reborn #4

Superman #5
Superman #6

Action Comics #957
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962

OMG - Valiant took one of my favorite books and revamped it into utter crap.  A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong is a MUST SKIP.  At least from what Issue 1 did for me.  They are trying to turn this into a Quantum & Woody knock off.  Too bad I bought 8 issues because I'm not going to read them.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 09:36:28 PM »

OMG - Valiant took one of my favorite books and revamped it into utter crap.  A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong is a MUST SKIP. 

Well that sucks.
Unusual for a Valiant book to bring forth so much anger. Well, other than the small run on Ninjak that I hated.  Grin Other than that, it is unusual for a ... Oh, and the end arc of Unity I really hated, but other than that  Cheesy

But seriously, no wonder why it only last 12 issues this time around.  Undecided I will make sure I avoid it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

Unlike my buddy Jeff, I am moving more slowly along.
 Grin

BOOSTER GOLD/FLINTSTONES SPECIAL #1 - The Jetsons back-up was ... weird?
Super Sons #2
Action Comics #976
Trinity #7
All-Star Batman #7
All-Star Batman #8
- I just enjoy this book.

Thanos #5
X-Men Prime #1
- Not too shabby, really. Has some burps, but I can see where the Mutants are going.
Inhumans Prime #1 - Also not too shabby of a wrap up/new beginning. May try Percy's title now.
Ultimates 2 #7 - Art is really starting to hurt this title. Crazy story is fun, but not enjoyable when art is bad
Mighty Thor #17
Unworthy Thor #5
Star Lord #1
Star Lord #2
Iron Fist #1
- Liked this so much more than the show. Not hard to do  Undecided

Bloodshot #0
X-O Manowar #1
Copperhead #11
Green Valley #6
Injection #11
Motor Girl #4
American Gods #1
Old Guard #1
Old Guard #2
- Another great Rucka title!!!!

Hope to get more in tomorrow
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:12:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »

Grin

Aww. Give yourself more credit.  I've only read four more issues than you!   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 04:40:42 PM »

Grin

Aww. Give yourself more credit.  I've only read four more issues than you!   Grin

Not when I originally posted that Saturday morning at 8 AM eastern (or there abouts) Cheesy Cheesy
But found some time yesterday and late last night.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »

Unusual for a Valiant book to bring forth so much anger. Well, other than the small run on Ninjak that I hated.  Grin

Did you stop reading it?  Because I liked issue 14.  It's the start of an arc where he has everything taken from him.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »

Unusual for a Valiant book to bring forth so much anger. Well, other than the small run on Ninjak that I hated.  Grin

Did you stop reading it?  Because I liked issue 14.  It's the start of an arc where he has everything taken from him.

No, I didn't walk away, but I really didn't like the Deadside/Shadowman arc. Really didn't care for it at all. Thought #10-#13 was a waste for Doug Braithewait's (sp?) art.
Liked the one you are starting now, Kings Castle (or something like that), but then wasn't a fan of the next arc after that one either.
Was just a bad couple arcs for me, but it is getting back to normal now, writing wise, but now I am not enjoying the art by Segovia
Hahaha,
Always something with me I guess.
 Grin Grin
But I love Ninjak so I am not going anywhere.
 Smiley

And hey, did you hear Sony has a director for the Bloodshot movie? Yea!! Hope it does reasonably well so we can get the Harbinger one they have waiting. And then maybe, just maybe, my Ninjak.
They certainly couldn't make a Ninjak movie that is worse than Netflix/Marvel's Iron Fist.
 Cheesy

Undecided Cry Cry Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

And hey, did you hear Sony has a director for the Bloodshot movie? Yea!! Hope it does reasonably well so we can get the Harbinger one they have waiting. And then maybe, just maybe, my Ninjak.

Man that would be AWESOME!!  I would love to start seeing a Valiant Cinematic Universe!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 03:35:49 AM »

Looks like I might make it!

MARVEL UNLIMITED
(CIVIL WAR II & TIE-INS)
Uncanny Inhumans 9
Uncanny Inhumans 10
Nova 8
International Iron Man 4
Deadpool 14
Civil War II:  X-Men 1
Civil War II:  Ulysses 1
Ultimates 8
Ms. Marvel 8
Civil War II:  Choosing Sides 1

COMIXOLOGY
Kill or Be Killed 6
Mayday 4
Southern Bastards 16
Bloodshot Reborn #10
Bloodshot Reborn #11
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #1
Ninjak  #14
A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #2
Bloodshot Reborn #12
The Walking Dead #165
Reborn #4
Superman #5
Superman #6

Action Comics #957
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962

I'm starting on Action tonight.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »

Didn't make my list, but was able to get most done, and added a few more titles that I did get through.

BOOSTER GOLD/FLINTSTONES SPECIAL #1 - The Jetsons back-up was ... weird?
Super Sons #2
Action Comics #976
Trinity #7
All-Star Batman #7
All-Star Batman #8
- I just enjoy this book.

Thanos #5
X-Men Prime #1
- Not too shabby, really. Has some burps, but I can see where the Mutants are going.
Inhumans Prime #1 - Also not too shabby of a wrap up/new beginning. May try Percy's title now.
Ultimates 2 #7 - Art is really starting to hurt this title. Crazy story is fun, but not enjoyable when art is bad
Mighty Thor #17
Unworthy Thor #5
Star Lord #1
Star Lord #2
Iron Fist #1
- Liked this so much more than the show. Not hard to do  Undecided
Avengers #5
Uncanny Avengers #21

Bloodshot #0
X-O Manowar #1
Copperhead #11
Green Valley #6
Injection #11
Motor Girl #4
American Gods #1
Old Guard #1
Old Guard #2

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »

Only got one more in by the end of the day.

COMIXOLOGY
Action Comics #957
Action Comics #958
Action Comics #959
Action Comics #960
Action Comics #961
Action Comics #962

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS