HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:49:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The newest Justice League trailer!!!  (Read 5127 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 26, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »

Well?

I'm so sick of being hopeful that this will be great-because I'm completely prepared for this to be bad. It's Zach Snyder!! You think he'll get it right on the 3rd movie?  Embarrassed Lips sealed

I can only...hope...

I feel like Aquaman is going to be the WW of this film like she was for Bat v Super. He's going to be the break out star here.

I still think Cyborg looks really poor. And the Flash suit is garbage. Chunky body armor plates on the smoothest, fastest man alive? Dumb.

Maybe in longer visual form I'll like. Aesthetically, I can question it all right now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »

Will Supes come in at the end to save the day? Or will they introduce him just at the end of the movie? Will they not address him at all??
That is what I am very curious about

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

Cautiously optimistic.  I groaned when I first heard Affleck was going to be Batman in the last movie but found myself really liking his version of the character, actually to my chagrin, more than Bale.  LOVE Gadot's Wonder Woman.  I think Supes is okay, but I really miss the "Aw-Shucks" Midwestern Clark who occasionally gives a wink and a smile and actually seems to like being Superman.

Not sure about the new guys.  I fully expect them to go overboard (...oh right, no pun intended) on trying to make Aquaman more badass and less guy-in-green-tights-who-talks-to-fish and it looks as though that's what they're doing.  No real feelings on Cyborg; looks okay I guess.  But what is going on with Flash?  I agree with Jimmy on Flash's suit of armor.  Honestly, there are a couple of shots in the trailer where I thought Flash was Cyborg.

Anyway, one question I have about these DC movies is why so dark?  Not just dark in terms of characterization, but actually, literally dark?  In contrast to the airport scene in Avengers showing a sunny afternoon of brightly colored heroes battling each other, a lot of the action in the DC movies I've seen is grim heroes in muted colors sloshing around in rainwater in the middle of the night.  Or at least an overcast, gray day over a gray city skyline or barren landscape.  Geez, Zach.  It's okay for heroes to smile and wear red instead of dark maroon and show up for work on a sunny day.   Undecided

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »

That's been one of my heaviest complaints too, Mitch. Snyder insists on filming everything in sepia tones or blue/grey washes. As if it gives his work gravitas or merit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 02:19:15 PM »

Well $#!€ ...   Angry

Just read that Snyder had to leave the film for personal family reasons and they handed the directorial reins over to sleazy little Ass Whedon.

*sigh*  Skipping this one now. 

I'm out.    Angry   

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »

The movie was essentially already finished. Whedon has mop up duties.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »

Well $#!€ ...   Angry

Just read that Snyder had to leave the film for personal family reasons and they handed the directorial reins over to sleazy little Ass Whedon.

*sigh*  Skipping this one now. 

I'm out.    Angry   

It's Snyder's vision and movie.  It was almost finished so Whedon won't be doing anything but following Snyder's instructions.  I wouldn't boycott it given that Snyder's reason for leaving is a tragic one and Whedon is essentially doing a good thing here by helping him get back to his family.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS