HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:01:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men  (Read 4270 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 20, 2017, 03:22:30 PM »

Issues 1 - 5

I have to admit, after reading issue 1 I didn't think I was going to enjoy this title.  As I said in the Weekly Reader thread, I absolutely HATE the way Greg Land depicts Monet.  It just doesn't look like her.  This is my complaint in general with Land's art.  I really don't know why Marvel keeps hiring him.  His art is terrible.  Hey, I love a Playoby bunny as much as the next guy but is it really art if your just painting over pictures from Playboy?  Ok, that was a little bit of hate there - buy yeah, I'm a hater when it comes to Land's art.   Tongue

Thank god I went ahead and read issue 2.  The story got a little more interesting and the character interactions started to grow on me.  Land's Monet still distracted me from the story but the writing was good enough to keep me reading.

By the time I got through issues 3-5 and Cullen Bunn had added in Mystique and Fantomex working for the Hellfire Club, I was hooked.  I'm looking forward to catching up on this series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »

By the time I got through issues 3-5 and Cullen Bunn had added in Mystique and Fantomex working for the Hellfire Club, I was hooked.  I'm looking forward to catching up on this series.

Knew that would at least entice you.
 Grin

And Land's art ... or Land's tracing I should say  Cheesy, is a little less intrusive to me in this series. It is there, ha, no doubt, but a tad less ... repetitive?

Still, I'm just looking forward to the new series now. As well as Marvel returning all our heroes (rumor has it)  Smiley
Hoping it is a new start for Marvel. Just hope the "fixes" don't screw with what I do enjoy
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS