HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:38:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - March 1, 2017  (Read 3368 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 01, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

Here's my list for the first week of March!

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers Standoff:  Welcome to Pleasant Hill 1
Avengers Standoff:  Assault on Pleasant Hill Alpha 1
Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega 1
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Infinity Entity 1
The Infinity Entity 2
The Infinity Entity 3
The Infinity Entity 4
Doctor Strange 6
International Iron Man 1

Comixology
Don't Save the Girls 1
Mayday 1
Mayday 2
Saga 37
Saga 38
Saga 39
Saga 40
Seven to Eternity 3
Seven to Eternity 4
Southern Bastards 15
Quantum & Woody TPB Vol 2: In Security
RAI TPB Vol 2:  For New Japan

Trade Paperbacks
Sandman TPB Vol 1 - "Preludes and Nocturnes!"  - 50% done (4 of 8 issues) - Still haven't found where the wife put this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »

Knocked out a couple so far -

Amazing Spider-Man #24 - So ... yuk.
Captain America (Sam) #19 - Better than Amazing (not as bad as making it sound, but tired of this already)
Captain America #11 - Enjoying this side of the multi Cap title coin.
 Smiley
EDIT -
Spider-Man #12
Spider-Man #13
- Flipped through and just not going to read this crossover with "Spider-Gwen". Will return to this title soon
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:43:59 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 05:32:21 PM »

Knocked out some a few more -

Avengers #4 - As much as I have complained, well, disliked the art style for this book (love the art, just not for "caped heroes"), this issue won me over. The art was better here as there was a limit on the "spandex" involvement
 Cheesy. Much more enjoyable than the first three. By a good margin. A good, quick, concise recap of Kang. Easy to follow is always helpful when Kang is involved.

Captain America (Steve) #12 - The story keeps on rolling! Getting better though nothing mch has changed. Oh, except that reveal at the end
 Wink

Champions #5- Ugh, Gwen-Pool crap. Plus getting tired of this book being in the political world. Get back to just busting bad guys. I don't need your views, even if I agree with them or not.
 Angry

Mighty Thor #16 - BOOYA!!!! Battle of Asgard and the Shi'ar gods!!! Oh Hells yeah. A little more humorous than I had wanted, in parts, but man this is gonna be good.

EDIT -

Uncanny Avengers #20 - Just really enjoying this 'old school' super-hero style, bad guy vs good guy, action comic. So glad I gave this one more try.

Superman #17 - An okay story with a villain that will impact a future story, for sure. While I didn't 'love' this issue, I thought it was fine and really looking forward to seeing more of this ... baddie
(as the British would say  Smiley)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:01:07 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »

Was hoping to make more progress but the wife has eaten up my free time with honey do's.  We are preparing to sell the house and the list seems endless!

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers Standoff:  Welcome to Pleasant Hill 1
Avengers Standoff:  Assault on Pleasant Hill Alpha 1
Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega 1

Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Infinity Entity 1
The Infinity Entity 2
The Infinity Entity 3
The Infinity Entity 4
Doctor Strange 6
International Iron Man 1

Comixology
Don't Save the Girls 1
Mayday 1
Mayday 2
Saga 37
Saga 38
Saga 39
Saga 40
Seven to Eternity 3
Seven to Eternity 4
Southern Bastards 15

Trade Paperbacks
Sandman TPB Vol 1 - "Preludes and Nocturnes!"  - 50% done (4 of 8 issues) - Still haven't found where the wife put this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »

We are preparing to sell the house and the list seems endless!

UGH. Always fun. Staying in the same state my man? Shoot my a private ... NO, NOT THAT KIND OF PRIVATE.  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:34:33 PM »

Shot you a PM but don't mind replying here as well.

We're just moving to the other side of the lake which puts us in a different town with a MUCH better school district.  We are also building a house which is smaller than the one we are in currently.  Wife is tired of going upstairs/downstairs so we are building a one story.  Smaller house, but nicer amenities and better school for the kiddo.  Win/Win.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »

Cool, just didn't want to push the response if it was too precise or personal.
 Smiley

Knocked out a couple more -

Clone Conspiracy #5 - And again, yuk. The only good thing here, for me, is
it shows the preface of the fall of Parker Industires and the return of ... a poorer Parker?
  Grin  Glad this is over

Prowler #5 - Last issue for me as was only reading for the tie-in to CC story above.

Tots Hulk #15
Tots Hulk #16
- Eh. An okay story. Not a fan of the antagonist and will probably drop reading this until it is closer to the time for the return of Banner.

Dead Inside #2 - Pretty good. Good enough in fact that I am going to stop reading this and wait for all five issues to be completed to finish the story. Yeah, I like this.

The Belfry - A horror'ish comic written and drawn by Gabriel Hardman, the creator/artist from the Image comic Invisible Republic. While the story was okay (I like the ending more than the rest) the art was highly muddled for me at times, with coloring not helping (only a few shades used to keep it creepy, but needed more definition in some panels). A decent one-shot, but I can't suggest it for a full price purchase. Wait for a digital sale, I think.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Infinity Entity 1
The Infinity Entity 2
The Infinity Entity 3
The Infinity Entity 4
Doctor Strange 6
International Iron Man 1

Comixology
Mayday 1
Mayday 2
Saga 37
Saga 38
Saga 39
Saga 40

Trade Paperbacks

Not a bad rally at the end of the day yesterday.  Of course when your reading things like Spider-Man (Miles), Saga and RAI - it's easy.   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS