HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:04:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Iron Fist  (Read 11832 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »

Maybe my expectations were set appropriately low so it beat them?  I'm not saying it was awesome just that I didn't hate it like I expected to. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »

I suppose that could be it ... maybe  Huh
 Wink Smiley

I just know I watched a 1981 horror movie recently, Ghost Story, and as dated and bad as that was, it was still, to today's standards, better acted, directed, written and whatever else I can think of than Iron Fist. But I am jealous that you can enjoy it more than I can. I so wanted to get a good Iron Fist story. And I think when all is said and done, even if you come away not hating it, hell, even liking it, you will see it is anything but a good representation of Danny or Iron Fist

Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 01:05:29 PM »

Iron Fist renewed for a Season 2  Shocked Shocked Shocked

In the immortal words of Joey Russo - "Whoa"

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Ouch.

"George Carlin humorously pointed out some of the things that you never hear in real life such as “Dad, you really should drink more” or “Do what you want to the girl, just leave me alone!” Another thing that you will probably never hear is “Hey dude, did you catch Iron Fist last night? It was awesome!!” You probably won’t hear that because Iron Fist is one notch above abysmal. Marvel has given us some pretty good entertainment in recent years but this show seems like it took all the rejected ideas from other similar shows and mashed them together. Iron Fist simply can’t be taken seriously and neither can the show’s handful of fans. Even though the series was met with many unkind words from critics and viewers alike, Netflix has ordered a second season."

http://www.theclever.com/15-shows-on-netflix-only-losers-watch/?utm_source=TC-FB-B&utm_medium=Facebook-Distribution&utm_campaign=TC-FB-B&view=list

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »

while i have not watched IF (planning to just not in rush) yet and glad this guy wasnt around complaining about ST:TNG season1 or we would never had made it to season 3.

really...no matter how bad a show is, it is always possible to turn it around with the proper show-runner/writers.  Their netflix track record is pretty good so far and i'll give them a chance to course correct.

of course my opinion could change after i watch S1 Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:50 AM »

... of course my opinion could change after i watch S1 Smiley

And it may.

Horrible television is all it is.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS