HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:19:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Defenders - Season 1  (Read 22432 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 16, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

Check out the latest photo release from the set.  Looks great!

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/16/new-marvels-the-defenders-image-released-by-netflix/1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »

So super cool!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »

As bad, as horrible as Iron Fist was (I still have the taste in my mouth) I am super psyched for the Defenders

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:09:59 PM »

What a weird use for a Nirvana song.

Maybe this can make me like Danny Rand. We'll see about Jessica, because man, she ain't no apple pie girl either.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »

Sigourney Weaver?  Cool!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »

Episode 1

Oh man oh man oh man!   Great start. I decided to finish Iron Fist later and go ahead and start this. Soooooo glad I did. Jessica Jones, Like Cage, Danny Rand, Matt Murdock, Misty Knight, Night Nurse, Patsy Walker (Trish), Foggy Nelson, Karen Paige, Colleen Wing, that druggy guy that lives next to Jessica (Malcolm).  Thy are all here.

Jessica and Luke steal the show for me. Jessica's smart assiness is awesome.

One of my favorite scenes:
Jessica and Trish are walking down the street in the morning drinking coffee.  Trish says "Does this have whiskey in it?"  Jess says, "Oh yeah, that's mine" and trades with her.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »

Episode 2

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Power Man vs Iron Fist!  Great fight!

And that ending!

"Jessica Jones don't say anything else.  I'm Matt Murdock.  I'm your lawyer."

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »

Episode 3

I'm sold.  Three back to back great episodes.  It all starts to come together in this episode.  There is occasional cheesey dialogue that you'll roll your eyes on but it's very rare.

Moments of cool:
1) Stick cut off his own hand!!  Shocked
2) That final fight scene, though a little convienent just to bring them together, was fun to watch.
3) Matt vs Electra!

Sigourney Weaver's good too as Alexandra.  Is this a character from the comics I'm not aware of?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »

Almost done with ep 1!!!!

Man I missed Luke. So glad to see Matt again. Jessica? Man, you hard b****h, but it's good to see you too.

OH.

Hey, Danny....how you doing..... Undecided

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »

Episode 1

Oh man oh man oh man!   Great start. I decided to finish Iron Fist later and go ahead and start this. Soooooo glad I did. Jessica Jones, Like Cage, Danny Rand, Matt Murdock, Misty Knight, Night Nurse, Patsy Walker (Trish), Foggy Nelson, Karen Paige, Colleen Wing, that druggy guy that lives next to Jessica (Malcolm).  Thy are all here.

Jessica and Luke steal the show for me. Jessica's smart assiness is awesome.

One of my favorite scenes:
Jessica and Trish are walking down the street in the morning drinking coffee.  Trish says "Does this have whiskey in it?"  Jess says, "Oh yeah, that's mine" and trades with her.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On board with said here. I still feel that the actor for IF is, well, weak. Poor. He emotes words, but doesn't pass the sensation off. Now, I didn't care for how Foggy and Karen were the first 3 eps of DD, and I really came around on them. So, here's hoping he wins me over.

Luke was his pure awesomeness. Just love it. Jessica, even though I could rarely personally care for her, was her best, typical self. Which means it was done well by her. Matt....Matt was good. Very, very good. Misty Knight? Pure awesomeness. Karen was sweet and beautiful-souled Karen. Foggy made his presence known, in typical Foggy fashion. I even liked seeing Trish again! Glad to see Macolm cleaned up too!!

A very well crafted, and well woven episode.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »

Episode 4

Ah. The obligatory "here's the explanation for what's going on" episode.  Not a lot of action but a lot of information.

I had a couple issues with this episode.

1) Sitting around the restaurant for the whole episode was kind of lame. Jess was the only one smart enough to say I'm outa here.
2) No way are they just going to tell Alexandra to leave.  They know she's in charge of the Hand!  They would just take her down right there and be done with it.

But they made up for it with...
Jessica throwing the car through the window to take out Electra.  That was hilarious.

So far the weakest episode but necessary to get the exposition over with.  Now we can just move forward. Let the battle begin!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 07:07:25 PM »

5  minutes into episode 5

I LOVE THIS SHOW,

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »

Episode 5

Starts off with a bang and then slows down.  Still a lot going on in this episode.

Highlights for me:

1) Opening fight is awesome.  The old lady is pretty bad ass.
2) Matt suits back up!  That was a great reveal.
3) Stick kills me. Or rather he kills the white suit guy! One swat and he decapitates that guy!

On to episode 6....

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 07:52:48 PM »

Episode 2

More of the same-meaning great character building and weaving in and out of stories!!

Also agreed:

Having Luke and Danny meet up was fun, with the ensuing 'fight'. Now I wonder, can Danny only IF punch with the right hand? If so; boring!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 07:55:40 PM »

Jeff, it's  fun to try and chase you down with eps, but my guy might allow me to see this 3rd ep before waking from nap, but man, I think tomorrow I can get a bunch more done!

Also, maybe it's just me with my tv, but man, the sound leveling from Netflix when I'm watching, it's just awful. 100% beyond max sound with all action, and then everything just mumbles and talks under their breath and I can't hear shit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS