HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:23:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Defenders - Season 1  (Read 22433 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »

Almost done with ep 1!!!!

Man I missed Luke. So glad to see Matt again. Jessica? Man, you hard b****h, but it's good to see you too.

OH.

Hey, Danny....how you doing..... Undecided

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »

Anyone make anymore progress?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »

I'm past episode 2, but now I am going to start over as the wife says she wants to watch.

Oh joy, I get to see early episode crybaby Danny again.
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 08:10:23 PM »

I did finish ep5....i think. Child didn't give me as much free time Sunday. It's got me inspired to get going more on that Jo Duffy work

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »

Well, I am done once more with episodes one and two. Me and the Mrs. will be hitting episode three sometime or another. If I don't at least finish three first, as I was only about 10 minutes from being done with that when the wife decided she wanted to watch.
 Undecided

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 02:22:55 PM »

Now I know how you guys feel when I take forever to watch something.

It's.....killing......me........

Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »

Yeah ... Good.

Feel it, man, feel what you put us through!!!

Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 11:08:07 PM »

i finished up to 7 last night.  i actually just finished Cage over the weekend and jumped right into this, skipping IF for now.

this series has been a lot of fun.  i have enjoyed all the other series but this one has me grinning like a kid  at Christmas (or in my case Hanukkah Smiley ).  Very similar to the feeling i had when i saw IM for the 1st time...just really enjoyed and had fun watching it unfold.

lots of good character interaction...loved seeing Matt and Jess get along while investigating the architect.  definately was not expecting the end of ep 6...just good stuff

2 more to go tonight....only thing that sucks is its only 8eps...i could use another 5 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »

Ep 5, finally!!!

Ugh. Colleen's mentor of the Hand is terrible. Terrible in the lines written for him (so damned cliched), and terrible in delivery.

So happy to see Karen and Foggy again!!

Not sure who drags the show down more, Elektra or Danny.

I think that's about all I took away from this ep. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »

5 minutes into Episode 6......

.....and Jimmy will now LOVE Jessica Jones.

just because she punched out Danny Rand.   Cheesy

Damn right!! LOL

The beginning of this ep is...stupid/confusing. Their 'plan' is a rightfully forced angle that splinters, not joins.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »

Episode 6

Holy crap!!!!!!

Wait until you see the ending of this one Jimmy. Wow.

Highlights:
1) Stick dies!!!!
2) Electra killing Alexandria was totally unexpected. I have no idea what's going to happen next.

You are right; holy crap!!

I have this weird....feeling that ..that I haven't been liking where this has been going.

1. Too much Elektra (obviously, can't be helped)
2. Too much Iron Fist/K'un L'un stuff (again, can't be helped)
3. Current plot of keeping Danny tied up. WTF, seriously, huh? Why? I ...truly can't fathom why this is the course of current action.
4. Stick's last motivation. Was he getting ready to kill Danny? Right? If so, why not kill him quick when Elektra showed up? Or, did he martyr himself to bring others into action? Nah, not buying that.

The GREAT part of this ep was seeing Jessica and Matt just be allies and compatriots alongside each other-as people. They are trying it with Luke and Danny, and it has it moments. It would help if Danny didn't whisper everything in a growl voice like he was a lead on 'Supernatural.'

There are parts currently right now where I can't tell if the story is going well, or if I simply am being stunned by the elements occurring. Stick and Alexandra's death do not equate to good storytelling; they are tremendous moments, but a story they do not make.

In the end, I think I am just looking forward to some cool fighting and team ups. I shouldn't question the plot so much.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »

Made it through.

Was/Am happy this was not a full 13 episode run
Was/Am sad that it was even 8 ... this could have been a two or maybe three hour movie. Tons of filler with tons of phony "standing around" fighting. Just tons of guys waiting to be hit, tossed or kicked. Man I hate that. Makes everything look like television in the 80's
 Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »

Guesses on the final ep (I'm obviously through ep 6)

Danny uses his "I am the Immortal Iron Fist. I focus my chi through my fist" power to cause the Midlawn building to collapse in on itself, filling in the demolition whole that the dead contractor was going to do

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2017, 01:05:32 AM »

Ep 7

-Great weaving of all the characters from all the series spinning and dancing in, around, and through each others' lives. That's good stuff right there.

-Loved Foggy's line
That's what family does. And damn, but he did lose weight and looks good! Way to go Foggy!

For the ep itself

There's no way that Matt's ID could ever be secret after this, right? Not unless no one knows that Daredevil was at Midlawn building.

Also, how dumb as dogshit is Danny to fight with his lit up Iron Fist near the special wall he's not supposed to touch?
 Also, damn, but he, or his stunt double, are awful at martial arts. Daredevil and his stunt double? Damned awesome movers, I'll say that.

and I'm correctly assuming he's back in K'un L'un within the skeleton of Shou Lung?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »

I'm dieing to tell you if your right or wrong on you guesses for the ending but I'll wait.  You'll find out on the next episode.   Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS