HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:16:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Defenders - Season 1  (Read 22431 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »

5 minutes into Episode 6......

.....and Jimmy will now LOVE Jessica Jones.

just because she punched out Danny Rand.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »

Episode 3

Starting off...

DID I SEE THAT RIGHT? DID STICK JUST CUT HIS F***ING HAND OFF?!?!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 07:57:47 PM »

Also, maybe it's just me with my tv, but man, the sound leveling from Netflix when I'm watching, it's just awful. 100% beyond max sound with all action, and then everything just mumbles and talks under their breath and I can't hear shit.

It's not your TV.  Same thing on my iPad. It's pretty annoying. Lips sealed

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »

I also always pronounced K'un L'un as 'gun-goon', not 'gun-gun', but that's just me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:24:34 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 07:58:52 PM »

Episode 3

Starting off...

Oh yes!  Yes you did see that right!   Shocked

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »

Also, maybe it's just me with my tv, but man, the sound leveling from Netflix when I'm watching, it's just awful. 100% beyond max sound with all action, and then everything just mumbles and talks under their breath and I can't hear shit.

It's not your TV.  Same thing on my iPad. It's pretty annoying. Lips sealed

ARGH!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »

Boy, these cinematographers love spinning profile shots!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »

Episode 3

Starting off...

And further in:

OH hells yeah, that was fun in the board room! what company keeps 5 dozen men on retainer for security? LOL

In any case, damned fun to watch. If they hadn't been all goons, was Danny serious about walking in there to accuse them of being ninjas? bwahahaha so lame, but still damned fun.

At least he's getting some balls instead of being a whiny little snot. Him and Luke teaming up to take on the original room had me going "OH SWEET Christmas!!"

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 08:36:22 PM »

Episode 4

Okay that first 15 minutes of this episode is wonderful dialogue and interaction! Loved it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »

Episode 6

Holy crap!!!!!!

Wait until you see the ending of this one Jimmy. Wow.

Highlights:
1) Stick dies!!!!
2) Electra killing Alexandria was totally unexpected. I have no idea what's going to happen next.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

I finally got past the first episode. Man that was a struggle ONLY because of the way they decided to make Danny such a whiny little ass in his show and that stuff had to carry over here to make it flow. Man I hate that crap. HATE IT.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »

Episode 7

More good fights.  And the build up for the finale.

Nice dragon skeleton at the end too.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »

I finally got past the first episode. Man that was a struggle ONLY because of the way they decided to make Danny such a whiny little ass in his show and that stuff had to carry over here to make it flow. Man I hate that crap. HATE IT.
 Angry

You gotta let that go my friend.  Don't let it ruin your experience on this one.   Wink
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:44:34 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »

Episode 8

Done.  Good series.  It's not without its problems (and predictability) that I could nit pick on but they're so trivial in my mind I won't sully the experience.  I LOVED this series.

And I can't believe I was the first to finish this!  That has to be a Herorealm first!   Grin Cheesy Cheesy

I'll wait for everyone else to finish before discussing further.  Plus after 8 hours I need a break and the family wants food.  Cheesy

Overall I'll give it an 8.5 to 9 shots of whiskey.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »

And I can't believe I was the first to finish this!  That has to be a Herorealm first!   Grin Cheesy Cheesy

No kidding!! Did you Ferris Bueller your family and avoid some family road trip to great-great-grandma's and stay home and watch Defenders with nachos all day?

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS