HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:06:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quote of the week  (Read 3376 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 10, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »

Now coming every week (?)

The weekly(? Wink) QUOTE OF THE WEEK    ...week ... week ... week  Grin

This weeks quote comes from last weeks issue #8 of the fantastic DC book The Flintstones (and hey, if you are closer to being on the more liberal side of things than the conservative, you should be reading this damn title)
 Cheesy

A special guest arrives at the Bedrock school to teach the class about this new thing called "Economics". The guest explains it as -

"When you trick someone into participating in a small-time fraud it's called a 'scam', but when the scam is so big that people have not choice but to participate, it's called 'Economics'"

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:18 AM »

To let you know, I laughed out loud most heartily at this!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

As someone with a degree in Economics I have to say "Boo!"    Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 01:41:18 AM »

can i play?  this doesn't come from a comic but from one of the doctors i work with.

looking at an arteriogram image with another doctor who thought he saw something on a CT scan that the patient had earlier in the day before our procedure:

"A picture is worth a thousand words.  In this case, those words are "You're Wrong" written over and over 500 times."

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:58 PM »

Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS