HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:58:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - January 11, 2017  (Read 4041 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 12, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »

Keeping the list small and slashed out things I'm only so-so excited about reading.  Trying to stick to only things that keep me interested in reading.

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 20
Darth Vader 21
Darth Vader Annual 1
Star Wars 19
Star Wars 20
Obi-Wan & Anakin 1
Obi-Wan & Anakin 2
Obi-Wan & Anakin 3
Obi-Wan & Anakin 4
Obi-Wan & Anakin 5

Comixology
Unfollow 13
Imperium 13
Imperium 14
Imperium 15
Imperium 16
Divinity II 1
Divinity II 2
Divinity II 3
Divinity II 4

Trade Paperbacks
Sandman TPB Vol 1 - "Preludes and Nocturnes!"  - 50% done (4 of 8 issues)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:05:01 AM »

Well you only have 6 more issues of Unfollow to read through as it is ending at #18. That will clear more time  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:53:32 AM »

Marvel Unlimited reading:

Thunderbolts #1 -eh, I'll read issue 2, but this is a 90's comic in writing all the way. And the little emoji Picachu girl doesn't help this title at all.
International Iron Man #2 -I read it. Didn't hate it, but Tony acted like an utter moron and idiot in the final 2 pages
Squadron Supreme #6-I keep waiting for the really awesome moment of the issue at the last page. Then, I don't find it, so it must be in the beginning of the next issue! (then, go back and read my sentence from the beginning, and that's the problem I have with the Squadron).
Star Wars #18-still a good book and read. Although, the Aphra/Sana yelling dialogue was highly annoying and silly, I thought.
Spider-woman #6-some kind of super-Spider-women crossover thing. Skipped it, skipping this, and the next issue as well. Didn't like what I had even read anyways.
All-New Wolverine #7-I was rather 'meh' on this book, but Squirrel-girl gave something to Laura that the book needed-heart. Really brought me in with that. I'm back.

DC comics:
Green Arrow #12-s'okay. Kind of feel like a tune that's been played before, but the ending has me going 'lets see where this goes!'
Superman #12-Frankenstein!! A good start, and a cool guest star Grin
Death of Hawkman #3-I'm paying for the price of Hawkman, is what I'm doing.
Deathstroke #8-so much love!!! Can't wait to see all of Slade's full manipulations!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 03:33:03 AM »

Well you only have 6 more issues of Unfollow to read through as it is ending at #18. That will clear more time  Undecided

Oh man!  Was that the plan all along or is it a victim of sales?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »

Marvel Unlimited reading:

Thunderbolts #1 -eh, I'll read issue 2, but this is a 90's comic in writing all the way.

Yep, and that Malin art isn't helping it not feel that way. Stopped reading after about 2 pages.

International Iron Man #2 -I read it. Didn't hate it ...

Hey, progress!?!?!  Cheesy Wink I think anytime you can finish a Bendis book and not want to throw it into a fire, I think that is a good Bendis book for you.
 Grin

Squadron Supreme #6-I keep waiting for the really awesome moment of the issue at the last page. Then, I don't find it, so it must be in the beginning of the next issue! (then, go back and read my sentence from the beginning, and that's the problem I have with the Squadron).

I just love it, then hate it, then, like you, just ... yeah ...
And some of the dialog just kills me at times. It is ending at issue #15, sooo

Star Wars #18-still a good book and read. Although, the Aphra/Sana yelling dialogue was highly annoying and silly, I thought.

Not reading this as I wanted to build up my issues (seems like I am saying that for more and more books lately Angry Undecided), but I hope you are still an Aprha fan, or at least give her solo book a shot. Though it may end up being more of the same that you just mentioned (not sure as, again, I haven't read this issue of course), but I hope not.
 Cheesy

Spider-woman #6-some kind of super-Spider-women crossover thing. Skipped it,

This and when I heard about the new artist coming on some time after this crossover, is when I jumped the title. I am sure it still had/has merit, but I just needed to start dropping stuff and it was another victim

All-New Wolverine #7-I was rather 'meh' on this book, but Squirrel-girl gave something to Laura that the book needed-heart. Really brought me in with that. I'm back.

Another book for me, like "All-New X-Men" that, while decent, just seems to be waiting for the relaunch here in a few months. Even though I think they said this title will remain untouched, it did, at times, feel like it was waiting on something before it could really let go. I have enjoyed this as well though.

Death of Hawkman #3-I'm paying for the price of Hawkman, is what I'm doing.

That is exactly what you are doing  Grin Cheesy At least you're self aware, buddy  Smiley

Deathstroke #8-so much love!!! Can't wait to see all of Slade's full manipulations!!

I have about 4 issues to read (again, stock piling issues) and can't wait to get all in that Priest!!
(Wow, isn't it usually the other way around?)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yeah, okay ...  Roll Eyes
 Cheesy

EDIT -
Well you only have 6 more issues of Unfollow to read through as it is ending at #18. That will clear more time  Undecided

Oh man!  Was that the plan all along or is it a victim of sales?

I know it was the plan, don't know it was planned this early. I think we all expected the "Y the Last Man" or "Scalped" 60 issue "maxi" instead of an 18 issue super limited, but as I learned with Omega Men and Vision recently, as long as it is good and satisfying, the issue count won't matter.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:29:27 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »

Managed to bang out a lot this morning.  Reading is suspended now as Cowboys Packers game is starting in 20!

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 20
Darth Vader 21
Darth Vader Annual 1
Star Wars 19
Star Wars 20
Obi-Wan & Anakin 1
Obi-Wan & Anakin 2
Obi-Wan & Anakin 3
Obi-Wan & Anakin 4
Obi-Wan & Anakin 5

Comixology
Unfollow 13
Imperium 13
Imperium 14
Imperium 15
Imperium 16
Divinity II 1
Divinity II 2
Divinity II 3
Divinity II 4

Trade Paperbacks

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 09:44:22 PM »

Surprised you got through all that Obi book. That was not an easy task I bet. I only say as I stopped after issue one or two. Maybe it got more enticing?

But wasn't Divinity II fun? And number 3 is starting off right where that left off!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:49 PM »

I read the Obi mini in one sitting.  I want to say it got better but while I didn't hate it, the dialog was sub par at best. You didn't miss anything by dropping out.

Now Divinity II on the other hand was as good as the first. Definitely saw the not so subtle setup for Divinity III and can't wait for it.  What great characters and great use of them in stories!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »

Okay, didn't make a list this week (will do so for next), but here is what I have been able to get through. Not much
 Cheesy

All-Star Batman #6
JL vs Suicide #4
JLA: Vixen #1

All-New Wolverine #16
Great Lake Avengers #4
Hawkeye #2
Moon Knight #10
Occupy Avengers #3

Green Valley #4
God Country #1
- Really cool book. This I am going to keep up with I think.

Also in the process of reading
Back Issue #53 - Spotlight on Thor, New Gods, Eternals, Hercules, etc ..
Man I love these Back Issues, but they do take up some time. Doesn't help I keep falling asleep reading them  
Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:51:08 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »

Finished up better than the past two weeks.  I'm going to do a big Valiant push next week me thinks.

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 20
Darth Vader 21
Darth Vader Annual 1
Star Wars 19
Star Wars 20
Obi-Wan & Anakin 1
Obi-Wan & Anakin 2
Obi-Wan & Anakin 3
Obi-Wan & Anakin 4
Obi-Wan & Anakin 5

Comixology
Unfollow 13
Imperium 13
Imperium 14
Imperium 15
Imperium 16
Divinity II 1
Divinity II 2
Divinity II 3
Divinity II 4

Trade Paperbacks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS