HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:19:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My current droppings and leavings  (Read 6404 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: January 01, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »

Well, it's mostly to talk about 2 books, I think.

Also, just to mention that the C-3PO one shot was utter dog crap of a read.

But, starting back into my read, I just can't get up the gumption to read Guardians of Infinity (which I know is cancelled in 3 -4 issues from now-yes, I'm like 9-10 months behind real time), but I find nothing really worthwhile to continue with in issue 4-5. I gave a 3 issue read, and I just don't care. Not like I cared before.

Same with Captain Marvel. I've tried. I've tried so often since Ms. became Captain Marvel, and there has been nothing I've ever really been able to get behind with this direction. I just am utterly uninterested in what her book, or SWORD, or her space station is doing. The art does absolutely nothing for me, and again, I went 3 issues, but I've been groaning about going to the next issue. Meanwhile, I decided that, yeah, I should try Power Man & Iron Fist, and I can't wait to see how issue 3 plays out, and to see if I continue to enjoy the read as I have been through the first 2 issues. Can't say that much about CM. So, I'm done with that book, and I don't feel bad in the slightest about it.

Heck, I'm at ANWolverine, and I'm still eh about the book as well. 'course, Laura is an utterly blank slate to me, so it's been easier to try and get led through the book. I read that awesome Bryan Reed Ms. Marvel title, and I loved those 54 issues to death. After that, Squadron Supreme may get the stink eye if they don't do some awesome stuff that I want to keep reading. the first 2 issues were AWESOME, but since....'eh'

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:27:31 AM »

... that the C-3PO one shot was utter dog crap of a read.

We certainly have a different take on that issue  Cheesy I thought the sacrifice and the lead up to it was awesome.  Smiley

Now as for the red arm bullshit ... eh, what can you do about company mandates?
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »

... that the C-3PO one shot was utter dog crap of a read.

We certainly have a different take on that issue  Cheesy I thought the sacrifice and the lead up to it was awesome.  Smiley

Really? You liked it? LOL  Cheesy no, there was no amount of reading droid talk that could make any part of that read enjoyable for me. I think I enjoyed the 'moment' for the Imperial droid, but that was it. That, and well, I can't stand reading Threepio's dialogue. Ever. Anywhere.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »

Cheesy
Hey, speaking of this, (and I understand the C-3PO stance on dialog  Cheesy) I was talking to Dave the other day and he has found that he is just not that into Charles Soule's writing. Didn't he write this? And if so, do you find yourself not enjoying his writing more than enjoying it? Just curious if it was a writer thing having a bad issue for you, a writer you don't find you enjoy or just an issue/character/plot thing.

I like Soule, sometimes (I like his DD) but he has been hit or miss on other things but man, most all if not all of his Star Wars stuff is just bad to me ... other than the C-3PO mini  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy).

Just wondering what it was that MAY have triggered the dislike for you. Or if it was all three things  Smiley Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »

Actually, it was James Robinson and Tony Harras, reuniting for the first time in 20 years since Starman.

But I do kind of agree that Soule is not a writer I flock to.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

Actually, it was James Robinson

OH YEAH!! How did I forget that. That makes it even funnier because while I think Robinson is one of the good guys of comics (and he is funny as hell) and I loved both Starman and his semi-biographical Air-Boy, Robinson is not a writer I usually end up enjoying too much. I kinda enjoy his Squadron, but not overly so, but the fact I did dig this ... haha ... funny.

But I do kind of agree that Soule is not a writer I flock to.

Yeah, I am hearing that a lot. I think he is a tweener for me. Hit and miss about evenly. I enjoy his Uncanny Inhumans (but maybe for the characters) and Daredevil, but like I said, not so much his Star Wars stuff, nor his She-Hulk (which I think was due more to the art.

I have never read his Death of Wolverine or his Superman/Wonder Woman so no idea about those, but nothing I am rushing out to read I assure you.
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS