HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:51:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What great movie times!  (Read 3524 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: January 01, 2017, 07:44:55 PM »

I just made myself take a step back from my movies this morning to truly appreciate what we have as fans. Been watching the extras on 'Civil War' and 'X-men Apocalypse', and all I could suddenly do was sit and be stunned by what we have.

We have 3 great movies for Captain America & Iron Man (the seasoning is to your pleasure on how much you enjoy them all), and 2 Avengers movies also starring them. Hell, Civil War is damn near Avengers 2.5/Iron Man 3.25, if you want to call it such.

We have 4 Chris Reeve Superman movies-and 2 are absolute garbage, 1 is kitschy love for the fans, and the first is utterly iconic. But think how often we've seen RDJ and Chris Evans in their roles! While ScarJo has not mainlined a film, she's been an integral character in 5 Marvel movies. Michael Keaton, my fave Batman, was only in the role in 2 movies!

Even if you look at the story narrative of these movies, the X-men movies have gone through 6 films, linking the 2 generations of films into a sequence that is still at a fresh new place to go forward!

All these movies are done in a manner by people who truly care what they do, in a story form, to progress events and people to new places to be proud.

What great times. Sure, once upon a time there was Adam West, George Reeves, Lou Ferrigno, Nicholas Hammond,...but man, these days? What a comic film nirvana!!

And...we have hope for an amazing Wonder Woman movie next year! The very first female heroine, and now the very first to headline a movie! OH PLEASE BE GOOD!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »

And...we have hope for an amazing Wonder Woman movie next year! The very first female heroine, and now the very first to headline a movie! OH PLEASE BE GOOD!!!

Wasn't there a Supergirl movie?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »

Due to tons of rum, not in my memory!  Cool Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 04:14:11 AM »

Due to tons of rum, not in my memory!  Cool Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS