HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:02:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Okay, no wonder Marvel sales are tanking....  (Read 3549 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: February 22, 2017, 03:21:53 AM »

just reading 6 months behind, with CW II, I simply do not like the world that is the MU!!!

Hell, it's one thing to be irritated by the characters, but overall, this world is shit. And it's the heroes' fault. (well, I wish to cast bigger stones at SHIELD, but they are included in it).

You talk about an Orwellian state? It's this government. Hell, you can't even blame the gov't; they have a back seat to the machinations of some military state force!!

Hell, 'Dark Reign' wasn't even this bad. I don't think Norman Osborn went as far as Carol has gone. Sheesh.

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »

Somewhere around DC's Identity Crisis and Marvel's Heroic Age the two universes traded tones.

Same goes for their movies, IMHO.

A blanket statement, but for the most part that's how I've seen it across the board.

Now Marvel is trying to darken itself again. And with so many new characters taking the name of established ones, it feels like the Clone Saga when Parker went dark to get folks more on-board with Ben Reilly.

Not that I'm reading much of either universe. I just go on You Tube accounts explaining what's going on and trying to keep up here and there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS