HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:43:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current DC Comixology Wish List - Charting!  (Read 4593 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 14, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »

Here is all the comics I have currently in my Comixology Wish List.  This means I haven't bought them yet but I want to.  The good thing about being me is that I'm so far behind on my reading by the time I get to buying things the prices have dropped.  However, DC is no longer dropping the prices so it doesn't matter when I buy them.

If you were me, how would you rank them?  Are there some I shouldn't bother buying?  

(NOTE:  Some of the issues listed haven't come out yet.  They are in my wish list for when they are released)

Action Comics 957, 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966, 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972
$5 Batman 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  (Known to some as All Star Batman)
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Dark Knight: A True Batman Story
DC Rebirth Holiday Special 1
Death of Hawkman 1, 2, 3, 4
Deathstroke 8, 9, 10, 11
Detective Comics 945, 946, 947, 948, 949
Doom Patrol 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Earth 2: Society 19, 20, 21
Earth 2: Society Annual 1
The Flash 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 10, 11, 12, 13
Midnighter & Apollo 1, 2, 3, 4
New Superman 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Raven 2, 3, 4
Red Hood & the Outlaws 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Suicide Squad 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Suicide Squad Special: War Crimes 1
Superman 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Superman Annual 1
Superwoman 4, 5, 6
Teen Titans: Earth One HC Vol 2
Titans 5, 6, 7
Trinity 2, 3, 4, 5
Wonder Woman 12, 13, 14 15
Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »

OH BOY ... LISTS !!!!!!
 Smiley

Okay, for me ... as of today (and this may change as I read this weeks offerings or at anytime in the future, mind you.  Grin) Here is how I have them now.

Starting with the ones I have not read (or read just an issue and therefore have no opinion):
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey - Only read one issue. Didn't grab me but hear it's okay. Middle of the road.
Earth 2: Society [+ Annual] - Pulled away when Robinson left soooo, no idea
Teen Titans: Earth One HC Vol 2 - Nope, not yet  Wink
Raven - You know more on this than I  Grin
Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special  - Just no time to read this. Hear it is good though.

Dark Knight: A True Batman Story - Hard to rate this as a "comic" as it is more a documentary. It's okay, but kinda "by the book" story telling. But very personal and so that is good.

Books I don't like and would personally avoid, though I am sure have some worth and would be a grab when on sale perhaps? :
Suicide Squad [+ War Crimes] - Just didn't hit for me. Will be back for the JLA war though.
Death of Hawkman - Just Rann/Thanagar War all over again
Doom Patrol - If you liked Morrison's Doom Patrol this is for you. As someone that have not yet read Morrisons Doom Patrol, it is a cluttered mess. I tried three times to get into this as all the Morrison head Doom Patrol fans were praising it. Ugh, up to you, but a hearty no F'n way for me.

As for the rest ... and trying to remember where I am with what story ...

For my favorites and those behind :

Detective Comics
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
Superman
Deathstroke
$5 Batman - Crazy as hell, but man, pretty damn fun too. It's a "Don't think, just enjoy" book!!!
Trinity
Wonder Woman - here only because I am enjoying one week more than the other.
New Superman
Action Comics
Superwoman

These I just keep going back and forth on. Really good, then an "meh' issue. Bottom of the list, just can't poick an order.
The Flash
Midnighter & Apollo
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Titans

Superman Annual 1 - This was okay, but I prefer the Batman Annual.

OOps, dinner time ... BRB
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:02:28 AM »

Okay, so basically, after that interruption and another on the way, I see it as this, top to bottom, with a lines indicating where/when I would be reading other stuff -

---------------------------------------- The "you should really read these" line
Detective Comics
Superman
Deathstroke
$5 Batman
Trinity
Wonder Woman
New Superman
Action Comics
Superwoman
---------------------------------------- The "maybe you would enjoy these below this line" line
Teen Titans: Earth One HC Vol 2
Superman Annual 1
Dark Knight: A True Batman Story
Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special
The Flash
Midnighter & Apollo
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Titans
Earth 2: Society
 ---------------------------------------- The "you should maybe find something else" line
Suicide Squad
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey
Death of Hawkman
Doom Patrol

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »

---------------------------------------- The "you should really read these" line
Detective Comics
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Superwoman

These are probably my top 5 as I really do try to keep up with them each month.  Good to see you rank them as must reads as well.

Doom Patrol - If you liked Morrison's Doom Patrol this is for you. As someone that have not yet read Morrisons Doom Patrol, it is a cluttered mess. I tried three times to get into this as all the Morrison head Doom Patrol fans were praising it. Ugh, up to you, but a hearty no F'n way for me.

Hmm now this really has me torn.  I loved Morrison's original Doom Patrol run - it was soooo out there and fun.  For that I would think I would love this.  But since you hated it.........

Superman
$5 Batman
Trinity
New Superman
Action Comics

So as I get caught up and start adding titles I may start with these.

Superman - already reading but got behind and not staying current at the moment.  I like this but the Eradicator story I didn't like.  That's probably what kept me from staying current.
$5 Batman - read first issue and want to stay current - but man, $5   Grin
Trinity - read the first issue and loved the cliff hanger.  Definitely plan on picking up.
New Superman - read the first issue and caught my interest.  Plus you guys seem to love this so chances are I will too.
Action Comics - now here is a big dilemma.  I have no problem giving this a try but if I love it....there's a LOT of issues to get caught up on!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »

---------------------------------------- The "you should maybe find something else" line
Suicide Squad
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey
Death of Hawkman
Doom Patrol

Suicide Squad - yeah, I was just ok with the first issue.  It wouldn't bother me to drop this.  In fact, just decided.  It's gone.
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey - I had removed this but then I got the Rebirth issue for 99 cents and I liked it.  I'll probably pick up a few issues anyway to see if I still like it.
Death of Hawkman - My first thought is - How can I not pick up something labeled "Death of Hawkman"?  But I don't need a retread of the Rann/Thangarr war.  I'll have to think on this one.
Doom Patrol - already talked about in above thread.  I bet I wind up trying it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »

Doom Patrol - already talked about in above thread.  I bet I wind up trying it.

And you should really, if you liked Morrison's stuff there is a great chance you will like ths. It isn't bad (other than one thing I have a problem with ... that I will discuss once/if you read the first issue  Wink ... not a big deal at all), but as I never read Morrison's run and this is along that same  "I just ate a handful of mushrooms and peyote, I think I shall write a book" line  Cheesy, I am lost as hell and just not getting the "coolness" that everyone else sees.

The same thing with Cave Carson also (though that was not as well written to me)

And yes, I had the same feeling with Trinity. Just rolling along thinking - "Well, it is a nice book, but I don't think I will ... OH SHIT!!"
 Cheesy

New-Superman is just a different beast. I keep saying it is like the funny Justice League title(s) back in the day as it has that style of humor, once you get past the first issues "man this guy is a jack-ass" feeling.
 Smiley

Death of Hawkman may have turned around or away from the feeling I had about it being like Rann/Than war. Jimmy could probably answer better as I don't see him passing a Hawkman mini unless it is kinda meh.
 Grin

Only reason I am not reading Birds is I didn't want to read Batgirl as well and feared for many a crossover. I thought the first issue was fine enough though. I don't blame ya for giving it a go. Let me know in fact. I may catch up if you say it is good.
 Cool

And lastly, yeah $5 is a lot, but I think it is 40 pages also, I think (check before you buy) so the story is kinda worth it for that. And J.R.jr. has toned down his "blockyness" style so that helps (even though his Two-Face design leaves a lot to be desired. Yukj)

Undecided
The thing with Action Comics is it is like Supe's Detective Comics. Not as good, lord no, but it is more of a mystery type of title and, so far, more Luther and Daily Planet type stuff. Plus Superwoman in brief appearances. However, I have seen nothing here you can't miss (even though I am really digging it). I say just wait for one of their large 99 cent sales and grab the entire run. It's good, it's fun, but it isn't a must have.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS